The Student Room Group

going home over break in december

is it advisable to go home for two weeks during break in December? I have enrolled for a Master's in Literary Studies at Lancaster University. apparently the official university closure days are from 24th December to 1st January, apart from I would have to get approved leave from the uni. I was wondering if i should plan a holiday, and if i do, what happens to the part time job that I have there?
Reply 1
Original post by prachigupta713
is it advisable to go home for two weeks during break in December? I have enrolled for a Master's in Literary Studies at Lancaster University. apparently the official university closure days are from 24th December to 1st January, apart from I would have to get approved leave from the uni. I was wondering if i should plan a holiday, and if i do, what happens to the part time job that I have there?

The whole of the UK pretty much shuts down over Christmas with the exception of bars and restaurants / hotels and some shops. There will be absolutely no one in the university and just a few foreign students wondering around lost. By all means go home but know travel will be busy and potentially expensive. As for your job - tell them you can't work or take annual leave if they will permit.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending