The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

How is sociology MA at Edinburgh uni?

Hi, I’m thinking of applying to Edinburgh University for sociology undergrad. What does anyone that is doing/has done it think of the course/teachers/quality/uni life there in general? I’ve heard mixed things!
Original post by Hah122
Hi, I’m thinking of applying to Edinburgh University for sociology undergrad. What does anyone that is doing/has done it think of the course/teachers/quality/uni life there in general? I’ve heard mixed things!

I've applied for sociology at edinburgh too!! glasgow is my first choice but still heard nothing back - have you heard anything back for sociology at any unis yet? 🙂
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous #1
I've applied for sociology at edinburgh too!! glasgow is my first choice but still heard nothing back - have you heard anything back for sociology at any unis yet? 🙂

Hiya! I’m applying grades in hand (gap year) so maybe not that useful but I’ve got offers from glasgow and durham! I applied to both back in november. Can I as why glasgow is your top choice? I’m ruminating over what my top choice is and it’s especially hard as I haven’t been able to visit anywhere!
Original post by Hah122
Hiya! I’m applying grades in hand (gap year) so maybe not that useful but I’ve got offers from glasgow and durham! I applied to both back in november. Can I as why glasgow is your top choice? I’m ruminating over what my top choice is and it’s especially hard as I haven’t been able to visit anywhere!

Hi!!! I absolutely loved the vibe of glasgow, it's got an edge to it and is such a friendly city. the sociology course that glasgow offers, to me, looks absolutely amazing and covers the areas that interest me the most. it also does social and public policy which i have also applied for. it helps that the campus is absolutely gorgeous.
i think the only thing im worried about is ive not heard a lot about their mental health services and i guess the lecturers!

the reason i want to go to glasgow in like a summary sentence is the vibe and the course.
congrats on your offers thats really really amazing, well done

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending