The Student Room Group

uni applications

this is my first time applying to university and i am so nervous because i don’t know how to feel. i didn’t do very well at school and dropped out and went back to college to work hard. i doubt ill get in due to the nature of my grades and course.

i applied to edinburgh, queen margaret, napier, glasgow and st andrews as a little joke, but seeing all this acknowledgment emails and forms has me panicking real bad.

i definitely know st andrew’s is a no go and so is edinburgh, especially with studying sociology at that level.

i’m so unsure especially about my grades and how everything will go and don’t want to be left with all unsuccessful applications!

any ideas on what to do or advice?
Reply 1
Original post by draeburn0
this is my first time applying to university and i am so nervous because i don’t know how to feel. i didn’t do very well at school and dropped out and went back to college to work hard. i doubt ill get in due to the nature of my grades and course.

i applied to edinburgh, queen margaret, napier, glasgow and st andrews as a little joke, but seeing all this acknowledgment emails and forms has me panicking real bad.

i definitely know st andrew’s is a no go and so is edinburgh, especially with studying sociology at that level.

i’m so unsure especially about my grades and how everything will go and don’t want to be left with all unsuccessful applications!

any ideas on what to do or advice?

i believe on ucas you may still be able to substitute a course if you applied recently? so perhaps you could swap some of the choices on your application to something that feels more suitable?
Hi!
First of all, please don’t think so negatively of yourself. I am sure you have worked hard in college so you deserve to have faith in yourself for your efforts!
Applying to university is a really scary time- I felt the same when I applied!
Though you say you applied to some universities as a ‘joke’, don’t be disheartened, you may well get in, be confident in yourself!
Though I am sure you will do great, if you are worrying about being left with options that aren’t what you hoped for, you can always apply to universities through clearing when the time comes as this is what I did myself after panicking for so long.
Can you speak to anyone in your college regarding applications and changing your choices? It might be a good idea to have a chat with a careers advisor or a teacher about your options, this will definitely help with your nerves.
Do have faith in yourself, I’m sure you will do great, and good luck!
-
Ria
Official LJMU Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending