The Student Room Group

What is the best way to reduce distractions

What is the best way to reduce distractions around me, I am able to do work for about a solid hour before I get distracted by something like youtube or tiktok, I also end up watching this on my laptop even if my phone is away. What is the best way to not get distracted
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by metricmetric
What is the best way to reduce distractions around me, I am able to do work for about a solid hour before I get distracted by something like youtube or tiktok. What is the best way to not get distracted

Keep your phone away or in another room
What is the best way to reduce distractions around me, I am able to do work for about a solid hour before I get distracted by something like youtube or tiktok. What is the best way to not get distracted

I really struggled with this but you should be taking regular breaks so it might not be the worst thing that you are getting distracted as long as you end up going back to focus on it. I now use a combo of Loop earplugs and noise cancelling headphones too focus :smile:

- LT
What is the best way to reduce distractions around me, I am able to do work for about a solid hour before I get distracted by something like youtube or tiktok, I also end up watching this on my laptop even if my phone is away. What is the best way to not get distracted

Hello!

You can get apps that I have found helpful - they set a timer so that you work constantly for 25 mins, then get a 5 min break, and every few sessions you have a longer break. I found that really helped me because I only had to concentrate for a shorter amount of time.

Maya
reward yourself for focussing. don't reward yourself with distractions though but with something else. maybe food (but dont overeat),

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending