The Student Room Group

Help with topics

I just failed my year 12 sociology mock and will have to resit at the start of year 13, i’ve got no excuses for this, i’ve just missed a lot of lessons.
I have 2 folders with a lot of work we have done and i want to use this to revise over summer but i don’t know what topics to catergorise everything into as the folder is a bit unorganised.
Can anyone tell me how i should categorise each topic so i can manage it easier?
Reply 1
hi! i’m not sure what exam board you do, but i’d use their specification to organise your topics. so for example for AQA i divided into my main topics (families, beliefs, education, crime and deviance, & theory and methods) then took the more specific topic points laid out in the specification and used those to categorise my notes eg for education i had class, gender, ethnicity, policy, role of education

id also suggest keeping your own notes separate from any materials you’re given in class, so for example i had a folder to keep any handouts/workbooks/etc in then i kept my notes separately (personally i typed my notes, so they were on my tablet)
(edited 9 months ago)
Original post by okidk0
I just failed my year 12 sociology mock and will have to resit at the start of year 13, i’ve got no excuses for this, i’ve just missed a lot of lessons.
I have 2 folders with a lot of work we have done and i want to use this to revise over summer but i don’t know what topics to catergorise everything into as the folder is a bit unorganised.
Can anyone tell me how i should categorise each topic so i can manage it easier?

Hi. I would advise to refer to the past papers and know the most important topics to capitalize on.
Reply 3
Original post by okidk0

Hey, i do AQA i have a checklist i made for education, families, the media, crime and deviance and theory and methods that i can send you if that would help?? it breaks them down into smaller topics
Reply 4
Original post by rwnsl
hi! i’m not sure what exam board you do, but i’d use their specification to organise your topics. so for example for AQA i divided into my main topics (families, beliefs, education, crime and deviance, & theory and methods) then took the more specific topic points laid out in the specification and used those to categorise my notes eg for education i had class, gender, ethnicity, policy, role of education

id also suggest keeping your own notes separate from any materials you’re given in class, so for example i had a folder to keep any handouts/workbooks/etc in then i kept my notes separately (personally i typed my notes, so they were on my tablet)

hi thank you i’ll try this
Reply 5
Original post by loulai_
Hey, i do AQA i have a checklist i made for education, families, the media, crime and deviance and theory and methods that i can send you if that would help?? it breaks them down into smaller topics

hi that sounds great, sure i’ll take it, could you send this through a link through a reply? thank you
Reply 6
Original post by Master Tree
Hi. I would advise to refer to the past papers and know the most important topics to capitalize on.

thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending