The Student Room Group

How do I boost my math gsce grade 5 to a 8

I know gsce are about 48 days away but maths in one of my grades that I been consistently getting a 5 at even when I do past papers, I was wondering if anyone knew other methods that can boost my grade before real gsce starts😭😭
I would recommend asking a friend to sit and listen to you try and explain a topic or how to do a certain question on the board, whilst you teach them. This means that they can ask you questions whilst you try and articulate what you are doing and why.
Save my exams have some really helpful videos that will explain some quite tricky parts of certain topics to you in a simplified manner.
Maths genie do some questions based on topics, so if there are certain topics you need help on specifically, you should try some different questions.
And remember, ask your teachers for help if you can, they might be able to explain it in a different way.
Original post by shin_noodles
I know gsce are about 48 days away but maths in one of my grades that I been consistently getting a 5 at even when I do past papers, I was wondering if anyone knew other methods that can boost my grade before real gsce starts😭😭

Which board?
Original post by jengablocks79
I would recommend asking a friend to sit and listen to you try and explain a topic or how to do a certain question on the board, whilst you teach them. This means that they can ask you questions whilst you try and articulate what you are doing and why.
Save my exams have some really helpful videos that will explain some quite tricky parts of certain topics to you in a simplified manner.
Maths genie do some questions based on topics, so if there are certain topics you need help on specifically, you should try some different questions.
And remember, ask your teachers for help if you can, they might be able to explain it in a different way.

Thank you!!😩
Original post by Muttley79
Which board?

I’m doing edexcel
Original post by shin_noodles
I’m doing edexcel

Dr Frost: https://www.drfrost.org/courses.php?coid=13
what helps me is when you do practise tests, identify which questions you got wrong, figure out what the actual answer is and how to get that and make a note of what topic its in (e.g. if it was a trig question) and then at the end of marking you can see the main topics that you didnt understand. then i revise those topics (either by watching youtube vids - i like gsce maths tutor, or by using my notes or textbook. then like the people above said, drfrostmaths is really good (i love drfrostmaths its honestly the best maths revision source ive used so far) or the teaching it to someone else helps as well though it can be the wall or a pillow, not necessarily a friend (i find that this helps me to understand it, though not always how to apply it to questions)

dr frost is incredible! i 100% recommend
Thanks everyone, I’ll use these tips!!

Quick Reply

Latest