The Student Room Group

(Arabic speaker here) can a non arabic speaker take Arabic a first language IGSCE.

I'm an Arabic speaker and I have already took O level Arabic and A level Arabic as a first language (IGSCE and International A level) and got an A and a A* but this question is for my friend who wants to tutor students in Arabic, can non-Arabic speaking students in the UK who does IGCSE's take the subject and if so how well do they do usually do when they take it?

the reason he is asking this is to see whether non-Arabic students can score high scores in the subject when tutored by other tutors and to see if they are teachable and are able to score A*s in a language which they arent native to or fluent at.
I mean yeah, but they'd be competing against mostly students who do speak it as a first language so it'd be tough to get good grades. Also, I'm not sure whether schools would allow ppl to actually sit the paper, or how much demand there would be in the first place for the tutoring. Same with most of the smaller iGCSE languages bar maybe Chinese and Japanese.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending