The Student Room Group

Are girls interested in guys who are good at math?

I’m on the autism spectrum and am not good with jokes or getting humor, but I’m pretty good at math, like I know the 68-95-99.7 distribution in statistics and can calculate 64*51 in my head in 5 seconds. However, I’m wondering if such skills are attractive to women as being witty and funny.
Original post by Blueskies94
I’m on the autism spectrum and am not good with jokes or getting humor, but I’m pretty good at math, like I know the 68-95-99.7 distribution in statistics and can calculate 64*51 in my head in 5 seconds. However, I’m wondering if such skills are attractive to women as being witty and funny.

If you're talking in a very general sense, not particularly. They're more interested in socially calibrated guys.

Having said that, John Nash Jr is considered a world renowned mathematician who is kind of high on the autism spectrum and he managed to get married, so has other figures such as Paul Dirac and Albert Einstein.

The maths tricks are entertaining, but if you don't have anything to follow it up with e.g. good conversation, taking the next steps, havng a good time, etc. then it's just a quick parlour trick.
Reply 2
Being intelligent and having a decent job certainly hit the radar
Reply 3
Original post by Blueskies94

It can be a good trait to have for sure. It's indicative of intelligence and good problem solving. I wouldn't say it's up there with other traits though, in terms of attractiveness
It really depends on the person but in general I think intelligence, especially specific and niche knowledge can be very pleasant but again it depends on the person if they think that quirkiness is attractive or just an interesting trick. I hope someday you can find someone who loves and appreciates everything about you :smile:
Nah they're interested in guys that have big fat wallets

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending