The Student Room Group

How unbelievably corny would it be to give her a hand written letter?

I like this girl. She may like me back, Idk. But I'm head over heels for her, I can't stop thinking of her every day for the past few months. I wrote something for her on a notepad and want her to read it. Would it be cringe AF to put it in a letter, give it to her and ask her to read it when she gets home?
Reply 1
Hi there. Personally I think that's a lovely thing to do. It shows you have gone to some real effort, which I'm sure that she'll appreciate. Nobody takes the time to write letters these days, and so the fact you have made the effort will be special. I hope everything works out for you.
Reply 2
Ok to write something quirky and amusing to further your case, but I would avoid declarations of love or asking her out in writing. This is cringeworthy and particularly painful if she’s not interested. Much better to ask someone out face to face
Probably quite variable. Some women may find it charming, others may find it less so.

If you know that she likes Jane Austen then odds are in your favour though I think :wink:
From excrutiating experience, I cannot recommend this approach :smile:
Reply 5
I'd want someone to ask me out face-to-face. Letters are OK for later, but early on its showing that you need too much time to consider things and may not be a good conversationalist.
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
From excrutiating experience, I cannot recommend this approach :smile:

Me too, I think most people make this mistake once or twice
She and her friends will tear that letter apart. Just ask her on a date instead.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I like this girl. She may like me back, Idk. But I'm head over heels for her, I can't stop thinking of her every day for the past few months. I wrote something for her on a notepad and want her to read it. Would it be cringe AF to put it in a letter, give it to her and ask her to read it when she gets home?

I run away from any guy who writes me a letter
Reply 9
Original post by JohnB1
Hi there. Personally I think that's a lovely thing to do. It shows you have gone to some real effort, which I'm sure that she'll appreciate. Nobody takes the time to write letters these days, and so the fact you have made the effort will be special. I hope everything works out for you.

Probably ignore my opinion then - I'm in the minority!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending