The Student Room Group
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford Brookes University
Oxford

Providing a reference for your postgraduate application at Oxford Brookes

In order for us to make an informed decision on your postgrad application, you’ll need to include supporting documents, in this post we’re focusing on references.

References can be academic or professional depending on the programme you are applying for. References should be on headed paper from an academic or professional institution, dated and signed by the referee.

References should be written by someone who knows you either academically or professionally. Examples of academic referees include teachers or academic advisors, whereas professional references can be written by a recent employer. In the event the academic reference cannot be provided, we can consider a professional reference instead, reach out to our team if you have any questions about your reference.

While we do not have a specific reference template, below are some quick tips on what your referee could include:

- How long have they known you and in what capacity?
- Can they provide examples of a time when you have succeeded in something, overcome a challenge or shown your academic strenghts?

Unsure on how to write a reference or if your referee would be a good candidate to ask for a reference? Let us know in the comment section below and we will get back to you as quickly as we can. :smile:

Matilde
Admissions Office
Oxford Brookes Admissions
Could you give more tips to include in the reference letter?
Undergraduate Centre, Oxford Brookes University
Oxford
Also, could you give information about where to send the reference letter when it is written?
Original post by aysuoncu
Also, could you give information about where to send the reference letter when it is written?

Hi aysuoncu,

Thank you for your posts. We can accept many different kinds of reference letter. Some references provide basic facts about the time a student/employee spent at a particular job/university/school and which courses they studied or responsibilities they had. Other references are more detailed with specific information about strengths of the candidate and why they would be suited to the course. We prefer an academic reference, however we can accept professional references in most cases if the circumstances require this.

The referee can either send the reference to us directly at [email protected], or they can send it to the applicant to pass on to us or upload directly via the applicant portal (only available to direct applicants, not UCAS applicants). I hope this answers your questions.

Best wishes,
Daniel

Admissions Office
Reply 4
Hi, another question. I am applying for a master in Oxford Brookes, and my referees has sent my letters into the mentioned adress. But my question is that there is a reference letter upload place at the supporting documents& condition upload side, should I also upload them into there or is it okay?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending