The Student Room Group

TfL customer service assistant Level 2 full time

Just keeping a track of my job hunt, currently applied for the Customer Service Assistant position @ TfL

I was looking online for advice or tips but struggled to find anything so if you have also applied for the role, in the current cycle or previous do feel free to add to the thread.

The stages:
1) Submit application
2) Online SJT
3) Assessment Centre (data interpretation and written communication)
4) Role play interview
5) Virtual Competency based interview

I don’t expect to get that far, similar jobs I’ve applied for I’ve been rejected at the interview stage but it’s worth a try.

I’ve passed the online SJT and now need to attend the assessment centre, I was scheduled to go this month but due to some complications I wasn’t able to and had to reschedule for August but I guess that means more time to prepare.

I’ll be back to update the thread when I need to 🙂
(edited 2 years ago)
same here i got test book for august how u are preparing for the data interpretation and communication , do u know where can i prepare for it
Original post by jigen1810
same here i got test book for august how u are preparing for the data interpretation and communication , do u know where can i prepare for it

Hello!

I honestly have no idea, there was some practice materials emailed to me but it was literally a handful of questions.

I’ve been brushing up on my math skills. Also, I don’t know how helpful this is, but I’ve started studying the map. It sounds silly but just trying to familiarise myself with what zones the stations are in, what lines go through them etc.

If there’s questions that involve us to count the number of stops etc, it’ll be easier to locate. But I don’t know how useful that will be.

There’s no information online. I’m just gonna have to see how it goes and hope for the best.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi, I'm a train operator on the underground and was a Customer Service Assistant for 2 years. (Bare in mind I did these tests in 2015 so some things may have changed a bit)

Online SJT will have questions such as 'You're meant to be finishing work in 30 minutes but someone has asked you to help out on a task that could take up to an hour. What do you do?'

Assessment Centre tests your maths and English skills. With Maths it will be questions such as 'a customer gives you £5 for a £2.30 ticket. How much change do you give back?'The English Test may give you a paragraph with no punctuation/capital letters and they want you to place those correctly. Also will ask you to copy a piece of text as well.

Role play Interview could be many things. When I joined the company my role play was a customer with a wheelchair needed to get from one station to another. So I spent some time building rapport with her and then realised on the route one of the stations wasn't wheelchair friendly. So tried to find a route that was wheelchair friendly which wasn't actually possible and explained ways we could try to get her off the train. (I didn't actually get the right answer which was using a ramp, but because I came up with about 4 different solutions I passed).

Interview will have questions such as 'Tell me a time you had to deal with conflict in a team?' 'Tell me a time you provided excellent customer service?'

I hope this helps you out and good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Anders91
Hi, I'm a train operator on the underground and was a Customer Service Assistant for 2 years. (Bare in mind I did these tests in 2015 so some things may have changed a bit)

Online SJT will have questions such as 'You're meant to be finishing work in 30 minutes but someone has asked you to help out on a task that could take up to an hour. What do you do?'

Assessment Centre tests your maths and English skills. With Maths it will be questions such as 'a customer gives you £5 for a £2.30 ticket. How much change do you give back?'The English Test may give you a paragraph with no punctuation/capital letters and they want you to place those correctly. Also will ask you to copy a piece of text as well.

Role play Interview could be many things. When I joined the company my role play was a customer with a wheelchair needed to get from one station to another. So I spent some time building rapport with her and then realised on the route one of the stations wasn't wheelchair friendly. So tried to find a route that was wheelchair friendly which wasn't actually possible and explained ways we could try to get her off the train. (I didn't actually get the right answer which was using a ramp, but because I came up with about 4 different solutions I passed).

Interview will have questions such as 'Tell me a time you had to deal with conflict in a team?' 'Tell me a time you provided excellent customer service?'

I hope this helps you out and good luck!

Hi,

This is so helpful thank you so much!!!
Hello, I was wondering if you could explain what the online SJT is and further help me out on what else you have done in each stage so far, as I'm looking to apply for the role the next time they are hiring. I would like to speak to someone who has recently applied and been through the stages and would appreciate it if you could guide me and help me out. Please message me. Good luck. Hope you get the job!
Reply 6
Hi, for those who have done the role play i would like to know the possible scenario that was asked
Reply 7
Hi, could anyone who has done the role play help with possible scenarios? Thank you in advance 💕
Reply 8
Original post by teni090319
Hi, could anyone who has done the role play help with possible scenarios? Thank you in advance 💕

I’ve got it coming up have you done it yet?
ive got my assessment tomorrow in ashfield house, hope it goes well.
Original post by mervyng22
ive got my assessment tomorrow in ashfield house, hope it goes well.

Hello, how was your assessment? I have got mine coming up tomorrow.
Anyone with tips on TFL CSR role play?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending