The Student Room Group

Student finance Help!!

Hi, I have a very toixc and strained relationship with my mother, and I needed her details for my student finance account as I have only been living independently for two years. However she lied to me and told me she completed those accounts only to find out she hasn't my my finance application hasn't been processed.

I'm screwed for university as my first rent payment must be payed by 27th September and my application will not be in by then.

Does anyone have any help or advice that I can use, I'm absolutely devastated and panicking now as I start university in just over a month now.
Reply 1
Original post by TalonGrice9
Hi, I have a very toixc and strained relationship with my mother, and I needed her details for my student finance account as I have only been living independently for two years. However she lied to me and told me she completed those accounts only to find out she hasn't my my finance application hasn't been processed.

I'm screwed for university as my first rent payment must be payed by 27th September and my application will not be in by then.

Does anyone have any help or advice that I can use, I'm absolutely devastated and panicking now as I start university in just over a month now.

Oof, I can imagine the pain and anxiety you're in right now. I would absolutely contact Student Finance England/Scotland/Wales and let them know that you're estranged. Also, do let your university know too. They might delay your rent payment by a bit (because you don't have a choice). Your university might also be able to provide you with additional support since you're estranged. You might already know about it, but check if you have a child trust fund (CTF). It may just have enough money saved in it for you to manage for a while. I've been on unsteady terms with my mum too, so I've tried to take said precautions. Hope the advice was useful.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending