The Student Room Group

Driving lesson process length

So I want to start driving lessons this month before I move out for uni. My course starts near the end of September so I'm wondering how much of the driving learning process I can get done in this time. I'm thinking of doing a couple hours per week since it's summer and all.

Would it be enough time to learn what I need for the test? If not I assume I can just book more lessons when I move out, and if I do I can just book my theory and practical tests there as well
Original post by greytrack
So I want to start driving lessons this month before I move out for uni. My course starts near the end of September so I'm wondering how much of the driving learning process I can get done in this time. I'm thinking of doing a couple hours per week since it's summer and all.

Would it be enough time to learn what I need for the test? If not I assume I can just book more lessons when I move out, and if I do I can just book my theory and practical tests there as well

A couple of hours per week between now and the end of September is very unlikely to be enough to learn enough to pass your test. That'd be, what, 16 hours of lessons?

The DSA released information a few years ago which said that an average 17-19 year old took 35 - 40 hours of tuition before they were able to pass their test. Many were faster, but even those they categorised as "outstanding" took 26-29 hours.

how-many-lessons-table.png

(Sorry, I've yet to find the original source for the above. I'll update this thread if/when I find it.)
Original post by greytrack

Everyone learns at their own rate and pace there’s no set or fixed hours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending