The Student Room Group

Dismissed from uni

So I received a letter that I was dismissed from my uni Because I failed at second attempt this one module but passsed everything with high marks. I averaged overall grade still a first, I don’t what to do? I am trying to appeal tho
Original post by Anonymous
So I received a letter that I was dismissed from my uni Because I failed at second attempt this one module but passsed everything with high marks. I averaged overall grade still a first, I don’t what to do? I am trying to appeal tho

make sure you complain . I wouldn’t dismiss this
Reply 2
Must have been a core unit. This sounds entirely normal to me, on the face of things.
Reply 3
Original post by gjd800
Must have been a core unit. This sounds entirely normal to me, on the face of things.

So what should I do?
So what should I do?

Speak to your Student Union to get some impartial advice. But if your uni have followed their procedure with regards to core modules and retakes there may not be much you can do.
Reply 5
So what should I do?

Original post by Admit-One
Speak to your Student Union to get some impartial advice. But if your uni have followed their procedure with regards to core modules and retakes there may not be much you can do.

Basically this.
Original post by Admit-One

I agree with this. It is tricky to appeal after two fails in a core module.
Anon,

Were you repeating the year?

You could try talking to your tutor to see what they suggest.

Hope things come together for you,

Oluwatosin 2nd year student University of Huddersfield
Reply 8
No this was my first year. I was hoping I can redo the module but wasn’t expecting to be removed out of my course when I did all others well

Hello,

I hope you’re well. I’m sorry to hear this but what I would say is contact the academics & continue with your appeal. Wishing you the best of luck!

Kind regards
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending