The Student Room Group

Civil Service Direct Appointment Scheme 2023

Hi
I Applied to Fast stream but failed at Interview. However I was referred to DAS. At that time I was working for civil service already. I've been offered an EO role and my application is under pre employment checks. I've been dismissed from civil service due to gross misconduct. My question is, Is it going to affect pre employment checks or shall i start applying for other jobs?

Replies will be apreciated. Thanks.
Original post by summmmeraa
Hi
I Applied to Fast stream but failed at Interview. However I was referred to DAS. At that time I was working for civil service already. I've been offered an EO role and my application is under pre employment checks. I've been dismissed from civil service due to gross misconduct. My question is, Is it going to affect pre employment checks or shall i start applying for other jobs?

hi, is the director appointment scheme only for those who have already worked in a full time role at the civil service?
Reply 2
Original post by tari_chidavaenzi
hi, is the director appointment scheme only for those who have already worked in a full time role at the civil service?

It’s for those who’ve applied to the Civil service fast stream but failed at some level. You can apply to Fast stream if you’ve a university degree or a Current Civil service employee
Reply 3
Original post by summmmeraa
Hi

Hi, I’m currently on the DAS. I would say, if you’ve been dismissed from the Civil Service previously, for gross misconduct, the pre employment checks will definitely pick this up. One of the main checks they carry out is if you’ve been previously dismissed from the civil service. I’m not sure 100% what that means for your potential role, but I’d say it may be a big factor. I hope it works out for you though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending