The Student Room Group

is he just awkward or did i go too far?

hi!
so i've been talking to this boy from school and i think i have feelings for him. i'm pretty sure he likes me back because we're comfortable with eachother both online and in school. in the past few days, he's been complimenting me more about how i look, which has definitely made me happy. but when i reciprocated, he replied with "thanks xx" and the conversation didn't 'go back to normal'. while this sounds appreciative from him, i can't help but think i've got the wrong end of the stick and maybe made it something it's not. i've asked a few friends since and they all came to the conclusion that i hadn't done anything wrong and he's probably flustered. have i made things awkward and overstepped? or am i just overthinking?
Reply 1
Some people are just really bad at taking compliments. It took me a long time to accept one with the grace with which it was given.
He might fancy you a lot and so feels but overwhelmed by it all or he might not see you that way, could be either, not always easy to tel really. Partly look at him see how he looks, note any tone change in his voice, not bothered sounding, or quiet shy, etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending