The Student Room Group

How to Kiss my Boyfriend? First time

Should I kiss him on the cheek? We've been hugging for a while now and saying I love you. He says he wants to kiss me on the lips if I'm comfortable but dosen't know how.
No one knows how the first time. And yes, the prospect of kissing someone when you don't know how to do it is scary. The first time I kissed a girl it was extremely awkward. Neither of us had kissed anyone before, and honestly, it was awful. But it's something we look back on and laugh about now, and in fact did so fairly soon after it happened (we broke up soon afterwards but stayed friends). The fact is, as with anything like this, the only way to get better at it really is to practise. In many ways you're in an ideal situation because neither of you knows how to do it, and the way forward is just to give it a go. You're never going to figure out how to do it if you don't try it. So don't take it too seriously, acknowledge that it's going to take you both some time to get it right, and have fun with it.
Reply 2
Original post by Crazy Jamie
No one knows how the first time. And yes, the prospect of kissing someone when you don't know how to do it is scary. The first time I kissed a girl it was extremely awkward. Neither of us had kissed anyone before, and honestly, it was awful. But it's something we look back on and laugh about now, and in fact did so fairly soon after it happened (we broke up soon afterwards but stayed friends). The fact is, as with anything like this, the only way to get better at it really is to practise. In many ways you're in an ideal situation because neither of you knows how to do it, and the way forward is just to give it a go. You're never going to figure out how to do it if you don't try it. So don't take it too seriously, acknowledge that it's going to take you both some time to get it right, and have fun with it.
This really helped! Thank you! I'm just wondering if I should kiss him on the cheek? Or should we kiss on the lips? And should he do it first or me? I just have no idea. I'm not really an expert at these things L.o.L
Original post by r_ae113
This really helped! Thank you! I'm just wondering if I should kiss him on the cheek? Or should we kiss on the lips? And should he do it first or me? I just have no idea. I'm not really an expert at these things L.o.L

You're very far from an expert; you have no experience at all. And that's absolutely fine. Literally everyone has been in that position. There are no right answers to any of those questions. You clearly both want to kiss each other. You don't know how, so learn together. Ask him if he wants to try it. He'll say yes. Give it a go. On the lips. It might be nice, but will probably be a bit awkward. But that's normal first time round. The more you do it, the more comfortable you will get and the better you'll come to understand what feels good for you, and what feels good for him. Don't put pressure on yourselves to get it right first time, because you almost certainly won't. Just take it slow, have fun with it, and keep talking to each other. You'll get there, and probably quicker than you think.
Reply 4
You're very far from an expert; you have no experience at all. And that's absolutely fine. Literally everyone has been in that position. There are no right answers to any of those questions. You clearly both want to kiss each other. You don't know how, so learn together. Ask him if he wants to try it. He'll say yes. Give it a go. On the lips. It might be nice, but will probably be a bit awkward. But that's normal first time round. The more you do it, the more comfortable you will get and the better you'll come to understand what feels good for you, and what feels good for him. Don't put pressure on yourselves to get it right first time, because you almost certainly won't. Just take it slow, have fun with it, and keep talking to each other. You'll get there, and probably quicker than you think.
This is all really good information. I tried today but we both chickened out. He told me that he felt bad for not kissing me at that moment.
Original post by r_ae113
This is all really good information. I tried today but we both chickened out. He told me that he felt bad for not kissing me at that moment.

Again, nothing unusual in that. It feels like a very big step at your age. Do revisit it, but as I say, don't rush it. If you want to start kissing on the cheek and drifting closer to the lips, do that. No right or wrong way to do it. The main thing is that you're both comfortable and both keep talking to each other.
Reply 6
Again, nothing unusual in that. It feels like a very big step at your age. Do revisit it, but as I say, don't rush it. If you want to start kissing on the cheek and drifting closer to the lips, do that. No right or wrong way to do it. The main thing is that you're both comfortable and both keep talking to each other.
Okay! I'll tell you how it goes!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending