The Student Room Group

What degree classification will I graduate with?

So my second year is worth 30% and my last is 70%. I had a tough time at uni and barely making it through, my second year I averaged 45% and these r the grades I got:

79%,50%,57%,57%,40%,56%

I would really appreciate if you much the overall degree classification I’ve achieved with these. Thank you.
Reply 1
At a guess I'd say a 2:2, but it's pretty difficult to calculate these yourself since, as you say, the grade averages have a weighting applied to them each year, and actually some of the core modules may carry more weight than electives. Some universities use mean averages and some use median, which can produce slightly different results.

Most universities have some sort of classification calculator that you can access which lets you put in your module results and run it through the university's algorithm. If you use Moodle or some other e-learning site then it'll probably be there, or you might be able to find on the uni's website just by googling.
In order to determine this we'd need to know what the weighting/credit value of each of the third year components was.

However realistically you're looking at a 2:2 in most cases unless the 79% result was more than half your third year weighting. In order to get a 2:1 or above overall you'd need to have averaged at least 66.4% in third year.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending