The Student Room Group

BSc Economics

I've been averaging 40 - 60 for all my Economics subjects. Especially poor in Macro, Micro and Quantitative Economics. I've been studying but not seeing the results reflected in my grades. Does anyone have any tips?

Struggling with consuming the large amount of content, the math concepts, the graphs..
Original post by maleelos
I've been averaging 40 - 60 for all my Economics subjects. Especially poor in Macro, Micro and Quantitative Economics. I've been studying but not seeing the results reflected in my grades. Does anyone have any tips?

Struggling with consuming the large amount of content, the math concepts, the graphs..

It really depends on the specific reasons to why you are having problems here.

Are you using critical thinking?
Do you understand the maths?
Do you know what is meant by selective reading?
Do you know how to speed read?
Can you see the big picture?
Do you need how the graphs link together under the IS-LM model?
What books are you using? Some of them can be rubbish and terribly written.
Do you know top students who you can learn from?

If you know the material, but you need help refining the concepts, there is always the Schaum's Outline books that you can read up on

If you're studying a quantitiatve degree (it sounds like you do), then you're likely would have required to have done A Level Maths. Only a handful of concepts from A Level Maths are used in the degree, so you shouldn't have that much problem with the maths (although it's usually a lot more abstract than how it's presented in A Levels).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending