The Student Room Group

deleted

….
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by spliced
Does anyone know how it works with marking (geo) coursework? I assumed its marked by your teacher, then passed to another teacher to check, and then the exam board will ask for samples to check the quality of marking. Is this how it works? If so, how is plagiarism checked, as are only the samples which are sent in checked, or is a piece only investigated if it is suspected of malpractice? I just have an irrational fear of being wrongly accused of plagiarism.

I assume it’s marked the same way my history coursework was marked. You’re exactly right with it being marked by a teacher in the department and then checked and checked again by the other members of the department and then a couple are sent off the exam board to check whether the marking is accurate. I believe they can use a program to check for plagiarism as they do in uni, but unsure if it’s as thorough as that, and if the exam board finds someone that has if it gets sent to them without being spotted first then the exam board will check them all, but there shouldn’t be a risk of you being falsely accused and if you are you can argue against the accusation.

Quick Reply

Latest