The Student Room Group

Timeline for applying to commercial law firms

Hi! As the title suggests, I'm trying to think forward about commercial (e.g. Magic Circle) law firm applications, but I'm pretty unsure about the timeline for and steps in doing so. For example, what different kinds of interview are there and when, generally speaking, do they happen?

Thank you :smile:_
Original post by onxure
).

Are you on this forum just to sell your course to vulnerable aspiring lawyers?

EDIT: Deleted response as moderators have removed the post.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by sublime-baths
Are you on this forum just to sell your course to vulnerable aspiring lawyers?

EDIT: Deleted response as moderators have removed the post.

Hey, I’m not here to sell anything. The platform worked well for me, as I was getting overwhelmed with the amount of free information (that sometimes is contradicting), and was wasting a lot of my time to look through multiple resources. I mainly used their free samples at the beginning, and recommended to go check them out to see if it would fit them, so no I’m not selling anything. As I have an in with them, and I saw that they were giving one-free month of subscription, I thought if it interested anyone, I could try to see how to get the FREE access. Also, I’m answering the questions, don’t want to take advantage of anyone. I will refrain from commenting if the way I answer makes you uncomfortable. My apologies for the misunderstanding.
(edited 7 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Moist Towelette
Hi! As the title suggests, I'm trying to think forward about commercial (e.g. Magic Circle) law firm applications, but I'm pretty unsure about the timeline for and steps in doing so. For example, what different kinds of interview are there and when, generally speaking, do they happen?

Thank you :smile:_

Hey!

If you want to keep track of application deadlines, I know that the Commercial Law Academy has recently created an application deadline tracker that you could use.
1. There are some first year programmes
2. If you are doing an LLB you will mostly be applying for vacation schemes in year 2 and training contracts in summer before and in fist term of year 3 of your LLB. That is so by about Easter of year 3 you may have an offer so know your firm will pay for your SQE course and exams from the Sept after you graduate ready to start at the firm (for LLB people) one year after you graduate from your LLB as long as you have passed SQE1 and 2 exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending