The Student Room Group

How is the switch from Sixth Form to Uni?

I want to ask some questions regarding this, although I’m far from leaving Sixth form (literally just started in September lol).

Do you keep most of your Sixth Form/Secondary School friends in touch? Have you personally go to a Uni with a lot your friends from Sixth Form/Secondary? Does Uni feel less tense than Sixth form?
Original post by studentborn2006
I want to ask some questions regarding this, although I’m far from leaving Sixth form (literally just started in September lol).

Do you keep most of your Sixth Form/Secondary School friends in touch? Have you personally go to a Uni with a lot your friends from Sixth Form/Secondary? Does Uni feel less tense than Sixth form?

Hi @studentborn2006

I personally found university a lot more relaxed than A Levels; of course, it does depend on your course. My course doesn't involve placement, which really makes a difference.

Your first year at university does not count toward your overall classification, so you have a whole year to get used to the learning and assessment process.

There were a few people from my sixth form who were going to the same university as me, but because we were on different courses, we didn't really stay in touch. But I am still good friends with the people I hung around with at sixth form despite being at different universities now. I am grateful that I had the space and option to make new friends at university. Sometimes, when you stick with the people you already know, it makes it harder to make new friends.

Anastasia,
BCU Student Rep 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending