The Student Room Group

clearing

hello, I have a university place at reading to start in September- unconditional as I did a gap year so have my grades- but am now considering applying to York through clearing how would I go about it and would people say its worth the risk. thank you :smile:
You would need to ask reading to completely withdraw your deferral application and then create a new 2023 ucas application (including a new reference - or the same reference provided fresh by your referee)

If you speak to reading they might be willing to offer you some reassurance that they’ll reinstate your offer.
Original post by sadie8899
hello, I have a university place at reading to start in September- unconditional as I did a gap year so have my grades- but am now considering applying to York through clearing how would I go about it and would people say its worth the risk. thank you :smile:

Hey @sadie8899

Sorry to hear you're thinking about changing your mind in regards to joining us this year.

As @PQ says below, you will need to ask the admissions team to withdraw your place with us, and apply to York through clearing. However, if you do this,we cannot guarantee that you would be able to still join your original course with us again, should you decide to change your mind unfortunately. If you have questions or want further advice, it may be worth contacting the admissions team via [email protected] / +44 (0) 118 378 8372, as well as contacting the admissions team for York.

This has to be 100% your decision though and whatever is best for you, so we wish you all the best whatever you decide.

Let us know if you have any other questions - best of luck with your decision making!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by UniofReading
Hey @sadie8899

Sorry to hear you're thinking about changing your mind in regards to joining us this year.
As @PQ says below, you will need to reject your place with us, and apply to York through clearing. However, if you do this,we cannot guarantee that you would be able to still join your original course with us again, should you decide to change your mind unfortunately. If you have questions or want further advice, it may be worth contacting the admissions team via [email protected] / +44 (0) 118 378 8372, as well as contacting the admissions team for York.

This has to be 100% your decision though and whatever is best for you, so we wish you all the best whatever you decide.

Let us know if you have any other questions - best of luck with your decision making!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Just to note that they can’t reject the offer themselves as it’s from last cycle. Reading have to release them.
Original post by Admit-One
Just to note that they can’t reject the offer themselves as it’s from last cycle. Reading have to release them.

Good point @Admit-One! Will update our last post :smile:

Lottie :smile:
GRTUK and Reading alumna (History)
Original post by UniofReading
Good point @Admit-One! Will update our last post :smile:

Lottie :smile:
GRTUK and Reading alumna (History)

No worries, it’s a common question from deferred offer holders.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending