The Student Room Group

Official: University of East Anglia (UEA) A100 2024 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crystaltree
You will definitely hear soon

Thank you - the wait is hard but she got an interview offer for Sheffield today so that has helped!
Last year each allocated time slot for interview had applicants with a range of scores. Very democratic - but it does mean that some high scorers won't hear for a few days/weeks.
Original post by Medicmum0808
Thank you - the wait is hard but she got an interview offer for Sheffield today so that has helped!

Oh that’s great! Congratulations
Reply 83
When does UEA send rejection decisions?
Reply 84
Does UEA respond to the emails replying to interview invites?
Reply 85
Original post by Butanone
Does UEA respond to the emails replying to interview invites?

Auto email confirmation of receipt of your email only.
Reply 86
Original post by M.S.R
Auto email confirmation of receipt of your email only.

I haven't received any reply. Should I just resend it?
Reply 87
Original post by Butanone
I haven't received any reply. Should I just resend it?

Yes I would re-send. Make sure it’s sent to [email protected] and not to the email address it came from.
Reply 88
UEA has sent an email today with re-confirmation of interview date and time. (for those who replied to their initial interview invite to confirm attendance)
Original post by M.S.R
UEA has sent an email today with re-confirmation of interview date and time. (for those who replied to their initial interview invite to confirm attendance)

Oh I haven't received this, but I accepted the invite yesterday. Should I be concerned? (I did receive the automated email reply, however).
I have an interview offer but I'm a bit nervous and am not sure where to start with mmi prep?? Ive looked at online preparation courses but they're too expensive and I dont think they're entirely necessary, but does anyone have any advice on how to prepare?

Thank you!
Reply 91
Original post by xoxlaurenxox
Oh I haven't received this, but I accepted the invite yesterday. Should I be concerned? (I did receive the automated email reply, however).

If you accepted only yesterday, I would give couple of days to get a re confirmation if you already have an automated reply (which means email went to the right address).
Original post by M.S.R
If you accepted only yesterday, I would give couple of days to get a re confirmation if you already have an automated reply (which means email went to the right address).

Ah brilliant, will keep waiting and hope it comes on Monday! Thank you :smile:
Reply 93
Hi guys I'm a first-year medic at Sheffield and had an offer from UEA as well last year. Feel free to ask anything you like
Reply 94
Original post by Pouria_sk
Hi guys I'm a first-year medic at Sheffield and had an offer from UEA as well last year. Feel free to ask anything you like

Thanks for the offer. Why did you choose Sheffield over UEA?
Reply 95
Original post by M.S.R
Thanks for the offer. Why did you choose Sheffield over UEA?

Both are great medical Schools, But I had many reasons for my choice.
Firstly I liked Sheffield as a city more and felt like Sheffield SU Had the societies that I liked more.
Also, the course structure at Sheffield was what I liked most. At Sheffield, we get more Lectures and less PBL (We call it ILA here) And also I prefer Sheffield teaching hospitals for placements to Norwich!
Also, I'm an international student so it's not important at all if you want to stay in the UK but more countries accept a medical degree from Sheffield than Norwich. (Both are great unis but this was my reasons)
(edited 5 months ago)
Reply 96
Does anyone know whether UEA stopped sending interview offers and whether they send rejections around this time?
Original post by Medmum24
Does anyone know whether UEA stopped sending interview offers and whether they send rejections around this time?

It’s still November so I wouldn’t give up hope yet! UEA normally send invites from top to bottom UCAT score down to about 2700 and interview until February
just received an interview! 2760 b2
Original post by il0vereigen
just received an interview! 2760 b2

Well done you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending