The Student Room Group

a level choices

hi i'm not sure what i want to go into anymore, can someone let me know what the options Spanish, geography and politics would allow me to do in uni? thanks xx
Reply 1
Arts and humanities don't require specific A-Levels so you'll only be blocked when applying to science and maths courses (other than Geography) - so really any course you want to do
Reply 2
Original post by unsera
Arts and humanities don't require specific A-Levels so you'll only be blocked when applying to science and maths courses (other than Geography) - so really any course you want to do

thank youu
Reply 3
Original post by unsera

So even with STEM based subjects, you could pursue humanities at uni?
Reply 4
Original post by subbhy
So even with STEM based subjects, you could pursue humanities at uni?

Yes you can without barriers but I’d recommend having wider reading as you cannot use your subjects on your personal statement - basically its easier to get on humanities courses if you do it at A-Level but you could apply and get in with a good personal statement
Original post by nitae
hi i'm not sure what i want to go into anymore, can someone let me know what the options Spanish, geography and politics would allow me to do in uni? thanks xx

Hi @nitae,

I hope you're keeping well.

That sounds like an awesome combination, and don't worry, there are so many great options which can actually combine all 3 subjects!
Here are a few that I can think of:

International Relations
Development Studies
Environmental Studies and Sustainability
Media and Communications
Teaching

These are just a few of the many options available to you. The best way to decide what you want to do is to do some research and explore your interests. You can also talk to your teachers, guidance counselor, or other students who are interested in similar subjects.

I hope this helps :smile:.

Kind regards,

David
University of Kent Representative

Quick Reply

Latest