The Student Room Group

RE: IRC265817 - Executive Officer II - Phase 6 (F)

Update: received email this afternoon re application to say passed but not placed high enough on the order of merit to be offered a post at this time. Friends have said this is good, just have to wait to be placed?

Scroll to see replies

Yes I got that letter too and am totally confused. If you pass surely you get put on the list in order of merit regardless of how long the list is?
I’ve never done a comp before so haven’t a clue but yes I think that’s how it is after speaking with a few friends.

Original post by Flyjennyd
Yes I got that letter too and am totally confused. If you pass surely you get put on the list in order of merit regardless of how long the list is?
Honestly NICS recruitment is the most stressful thing! Nothing is ever clear with them. But I see from the other thread that the consensus seems to be - you’ve passed, just wait to get placed! 🤣
Got same letter. I’ve asked them to confirm my merit position. Any of you received yours
Not yet, I reckon they will take a while to respond to everyone

Original post by KB000022
Got same letter. I’ve asked them to confirm my merit position. Any of you received yours
I got mine this morning. 167 Not terribly hopeful that will result in an actual job as it seems a very long list. 🤣
What’s that out of and what number are they on? Don’t know how it all works

I got mine this morning. 167 Not terribly hopeful that will result in an actual job as it seems a very long list. 🤣
Original post by Laura elley
What’s that out of and what number are they on? Don’t know how it all works

It doesn't really matter how many it's out of, as long as you've passed :-) Chances are, if you're on the merit list, even if it seems to be a long way down, you will be offered a job at some point. The merit list generally lasts for two years, but what often happens is that they place everyone who's remaining on the list prior to advertising a new competition. For example, there were a lot of placements off the DP and SO lists just ahead of the recent DP and SO competitions.
Ah get you now! Happy days, just waiting on email re merit number.
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
It doesn't really matter how many it's out of, as long as you've passed :-) Chances are, if you're on the merit list, even if it seems to be a long way down, you will be offered a job at some point. The merit list generally lasts for two years, but what often happens is that they place everyone who's remaining on the list prior to advertising a new competition. For example, there were a lot of placements off the DP and SO lists just ahead of the recent DP and SO competitions.
When you got your email re 167 did they call
It your candidate number with a letter after it like 167f?
hrconnect got in touch today with mine and told me no one has actually been offered a place yet from this phase - so everyone got the same letter it would seem. They normally offer and place people and in tranche's over a period of time, so for example the 1st 100 maybe over the next few weeks and then when they settle in the next tranche will be contacted.
Original post by Laura elley
When you got your email re 167 did they call
It your candidate number with a letter after it like 167f?

Yes it had f after the number. Apparently that relates to the phase of interviews - 6th.
I can’t see it happening so soon, as finance are to release the £ to fill the posts apparently. But fingers crossed it is by end of year, I could do with a change asap

Original post by Shepster666
hrconnect got in touch today with mine and told me no one has actually been offered a place yet from this phase - so everyone got the same letter it would seem. They normally offer and place people and in tranche's over a period of time, so for example the 1st 100 maybe over the next few weeks and then when they settle in the next tranche will be contacted.
Wonder how many is on merit list
Who all here has had preplacement and your merit list number.
(edited 1 year ago)
I did and number 87
Original post by hardcorism

Yes 160+

I got mine. 107
Reply 19

Same here 170+. How long should we expect for the offer to come through?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending