The Student Room Group

going back to uni after withdrawal, am i entitled to student finance?

i studied a foundation degree back in 2019 which was a 2 year long degree, i failed the first year (or it may have been a few modules, i looked at my student finance account and was only given around £2000 in tuition fees rather than £9250) then had to resit it but was withdrawn in april 2021 before i completed it. i'm now thinking of going back to uni next year to study a different course at a different uni which is a 3 year long course but not sure if i'd receive student loan for this? i've read online that it's length of course + 1 bonus year minus previous years of study, so 3 + 1 - 2 years of previous study .. would i only receive student finance for 2 years of the new course? i suffered with my mental health back when i was at uni but never saw a doctor or really spoke to my tutor about it so not sure if i'd be able to apply for compelling personal reasons. thanks for any help or advice anyone is able to give me.
Original post by shygirl69
i studied a foundation degree back in 2019 which was a 2 year long degree, i failed the first year (or it may have been a few modules, i looked at my student finance account and was only given around £2000 in tuition fees rather than £9250) then had to resit it but was withdrawn in april 2021 before i completed it. i'm now thinking of going back to uni next year to study a different course at a different uni which is a 3 year long course but not sure if i'd receive student loan for this? i've read online that it's length of course + 1 bonus year minus previous years of study, so 3 + 1 - 2 years of previous study .. would i only receive student finance for 2 years of the new course? i suffered with my mental health back when i was at uni but never saw a doctor or really spoke to my tutor about it so not sure if i'd be able to apply for compelling personal reasons. thanks for any help or advice anyone is able to give me.

Hi there,

Can you confirm the course and university you're looking to study now? Will the new course be full time? Was your previous study full time?

Thanks,
Claire
Reply 2
Original post by Claire SFE
Hi there,

Can you confirm the course and university you're looking to study now? Will the new course be full time? Was your previous study full time?

Thanks,
Claire

hey thank you for your reply. the course i want to study is BA (Hons) Fashion Buying and Merchandising at london college of fashion and it is a full time course. my previous course was full time yeah.
Original post by shygirl69

Hi there, Yes, based on your previous study you will only be eligible for full funding for the 2nd and 3rd year of the new course. This means that no Tuition Fee loan would be available for year one unless you can provide Compelling Personal Reasons of why you left the previous course. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending