The Student Room Group

any girls or guys going through their h£% phase and feeling low

I fee like I am going through this phase quite late as I am nearly 22. When I talk about this phase I dont mean anything physical I just mean it all being online and snapping multiple guys at once etc. I was feeling extremely lonely in all aspects, feeling very low. This keeps me going and is a distraction from my lonliness. I met someone but it didnt work out sadly due to differing views on stuff. I was talking to multiple guys at once and snapping them all at once. i wasnt into most of them it was just for the attentinon. I was just truly into one person (the one who it didnt work out with and im still recovering from it). I wasnt leading anyone on and I hope I wasnt but I have reached such a low point. I am so desperate to find that one person who gives me a reason to live for and gives me something to look forward to. It then hit me during the night and I broke down. I am looking for that one person and I dont know what to do. Its not like I have a group of friends to distract myself by nor do I have family. On top of that seeing everyone enjoy themselves this summer is honestly too much for me. Especially when these guys ask me if i plans and when I tell them I dont they question it and ask why and I just feel like breaking down. When I ask them they always say theyre hanging out with friends and that for some reason triggers my anxiety because I know I dont have that. Even guys have solid groups, I just dont understand why I dont have that and why I am so unlucky. Makes me feel worse after talking to them (not their fault obviously). Is there anyone else dealing with this or even if its just lonliness? if its something different youre dealing with you can still let me know down below. I just hate this feeling of lonliness
Original post by Anonymous
I fee like I am going through this phase quite late as I am nearly 22. When I talk about this phase I dont mean anything physical I just mean it all being online and snapping multiple guys at once etc. I was feeling extremely lonely in all aspects, feeling very low. This keeps me going and is a distraction from my lonliness. I met someone but it didnt work out sadly due to differing views on stuff. I was talking to multiple guys at once and snapping them all at once. i wasnt into most of them it was just for the attentinon. I was just truly into one person (the one who it didnt work out with and im still recovering from it). I wasnt leading anyone on and I hope I wasnt but I have reached such a low point. I am so desperate to find that one person who gives me a reason to live for and gives me something to look forward to. It then hit me during the night and I broke down. I am looking for that one person and I dont know what to do. Its not like I have a group of friends to distract myself by nor do I have family. On top of that seeing everyone enjoy themselves this summer is honestly too much for me. Especially when these guys ask me if i plans and when I tell them I dont they question it and ask why and I just feel like breaking down. When I ask them they always say theyre hanging out with friends and that for some reason triggers my anxiety because I know I dont have that. Even guys have solid groups, I just dont understand why I dont have that and why I am so unlucky. Makes me feel worse after talking to them (not their fault obviously). Is there anyone else dealing with this or even if its just lonliness? if its something different youre dealing with you can still let me know down below. I just hate this feeling of lonliness

First of all looking for attention will only make things worse in the long run as you have already experienced. The person your looking for is yourself, you need to find happiness in you , what makes you tick, what drives you, what makes you smile. Deal with any unresolved issues from your past too (this can hurt but its worth it). The key to happiness is finding yourself and its the small things like walking in the woods, breathing correctly, feeling every step as you walk. The miracle of life we so often ignore is usually the key to finding a happier life. Dsting or 'snaping' os just a quick fix just like drugs or ale, only the trueness of life will set you free , good luck x
Original post by earthgirl86
First of all looking for attention will only make things worse in the long run as you have already experienced. The person your looking for is yourself, you need to find happiness in you , what makes you tick, what drives you, what makes you smile. Deal with any unresolved issues from your past too (this can hurt but its worth it). The key to happiness is finding yourself and its the small things like walking in the woods, breathing correctly, feeling every step as you walk. The miracle of life we so often ignore is usually the key to finding a happier life. Dsting or 'snaping' os just a quick fix just like drugs or ale, only the trueness of life will set you free , good luck x

Couldn't have said it any better! *applause*
Original post by Anonymous
Couldn't have said it any better! *applause*

thank you :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by earthgirl86

Lol just cried reading this. But I am really trying to find happiness within myself but i cant because I still get sad about being lonely. I like having others around me , good friends and family but im unlucky and dont have it. I have spent my summer going on walks alone through forests but seeing others with their families triggers the depres$£% its a lose lose situation lol. And yes youre right its like a quick fix and is doing more damage than good. If i could Id be smoking all this shi$ away lmao but I cant due to religious reasons. It is what it is though. Thank you for replying xx
Reply 5
I think the more important thing you need to focus on is why you need to be with someone in order to feel fulfillment? I agree with the previous post. Focus on finding and loving yourself, then find and love another 🥰 sending hugs x
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending