The Student Room Group

Should I tell my job that I am going to university in a months and will h

I just finished a gap year where I resat my A-levels and I can't stay at home for another year no matter what I'm going to uni starting this September. I've been looking for a job since I finished my exams so end of June and only got a 0-hour catering assistant role, I love the job but I'm not earning as much money as I'd hope to contribute towards uni cost at a few hours and just barely above minimum wage. So I looked for another job and got one however neither job know about the other as I was afraid it would affect my employment and I can manage the two. But on top of that neither know that after less than 2 months at one and only a month at the other I will be quitting as I have to go to uni 3 hours away.
I am in the same position, honestly I would not stress we are young. Employers wouldn't expect young people to work for them forever, plus they will understand having aspirations. Plus just remember to leave a job you do not have to give a reason you can simply hand in your notice.
Reply 2
Original post by jenjeffries
I am in the same position, honestly I would not stress we are young. Employers wouldn't expect young people to work for them forever, plus they will understand having aspirations. Plus just remember to leave a job you do not have to give a reason you can simply hand in your notice.

Have you told your own employers that you are due to start uni? I haven't because each time it's mentioned I'm pretty sure that is why I'm not hired. Any worries on getting your pay?
Original post by maur18x
I just finished a gap year where I resat my A-levels and I can't stay at home for another year no matter what I'm going to uni starting this September. I've been looking for a job since I finished my exams so end of June and only got a 0-hour catering assistant role, I love the job but I'm not earning as much money as I'd hope to contribute towards uni cost at a few hours and just barely above minimum wage. So I looked for another job and got one however neither job know about the other as I was afraid it would affect my employment and I can manage the two. But on top of that neither know that after less than 2 months at one and only a month at the other I will be quitting as I have to go to uni 3 hours away.

People come and go all the time, especially in more entry level jobs. As long as you hand in your notice and do everything properly then you will be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending