The Student Room Group

Should I tell my job that I am going to university in a month

Ive been looking for a summer job since end of march after resitting my alevels and struggled to find any till end of july. The job is 0 hours and they do not know that I leave for uni in September. I am worried they may try to avoid paying me when I tell them although I have checked my contract and up till one month i do not have to give notice although I have to wait a month to get paid. I also took on another job that I can balance to get more pay and I have not told this one either than I will only be working for a month before uni.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Ive been looking for a summer job since end of march after resitting my alevels and struggled to find any till end of july. The job is 0 hours and they do not know that I leave for uni in September. I am worried they may try to avoid paying me when I tell them although I have checked my contract and up till one month i do not have to give notice although I have to wait a month to get paid. I also took on another job that I can balance to get more pay and I have not told this one either than I will only be working for a month before uni.

They cannot withhold pay, even if you did have a notice period. If the job is 0 hours then any notice period is pointless anyway as you could just refuse every future shift.
Reply 2
Respect the notice period if one is defined. Otherwise give a weeks notice. They are obligated to pay you for time worked
Reply 3
Original post by Reue
They cannot withhold pay, even if you did have a notice period. If the job is 0 hours then any notice period is pointless anyway as you could just refuse every future shift.

I didn't think about it like that. I guess it becomes they can be really passive-aggressive. I'll just get my pay and block them. Just wanted to make sure I had no legal obligation.
Original post by Zarek
Respect the notice period if one is defined. Otherwise give a weeks notice. They are obligated to pay you for time worked

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending