The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gossip_girl
*eats yoghurt*

well im not to sure cos were jus chatting like before.....im just worried hes gonna come out with something else! :frown: :eek:

Why do you still speek to him? :confused:
Reply 21
BhArJ
Then what do you mean? :aetsch:

I meant... well, he;s been hiding it from me as well as everyone else... do you see what I mean here? or should I just shut up?
Reply 22
shootingstar
I meant... well, he;s been hiding it from me as well as everyone else... do you see what I mean here? or should I just shut up?

nope i dont, i think, but dont shut up! :p:

it sounds like you 2 just need to talk about it and what exactly is going to be going on

If your both in love go for it! tho i think he might be hideing it because he doesnt want to risk the friendship. Like i said, just talk to him and it should be fine :smile:
Reply 23
BhArJ
nope i dont, i think, but dont shut up! :p:

it sounds like you 2 just need to talk about it and what exactly is going to be going on

If your both in love go for it! tho i think he might be hideing it because he doesnt want to risk the friendship. Like i said, just talk to him and it should be fine :smile:

heh. pretty much what he said, plus the thing he mentioned about me being in Birmingham and him being back home in Yarmouth... :frown:
Reply 24
Mad Caddie
I used to be in love with Britney Spears, and then with Micha Barton...I've learnt to supress this love though. :redface:

hehe! :biggrin:
Reply 25
gossip_girl
*eats yoghurt*

well im not to sure cos were jus chatting like before.....im just worried hes gonna come out with something else! :frown: :eek:

what did you say to him in response to him "wanting to kiss you"?
Reply 26
shootingstar
heh. pretty much what he said, plus the thing he mentioned about me being in Birmingham and him being back home in Yarmouth... :frown:

ouch..........but they do say love conquers any distance :smile:

i dont belive it................but you never know :biggrin:
Reply 27
BhArJ
ouch..........but they do say love conquers any distance :smile:

i dont belive it................but you never know :biggrin:

true...
it is possible, and it is worth it in the end
Reply 29
lust yes... love no, but how do u know when ur in it
This gets me too. I used to have a friend who "was in love with me" :rolleyes: but when he realised nothing could happen he said: "would it just be easier if i stopped myself likeing you??" And that totally messed me up, i couldn't understand how you could stop yourself loving or liking someone, i mean if i could do that my problems would be solved!

But he was adamant you could push these feeling to a part of the brain where it kinda stops being prominent!! I really dunno how that works tho!!! x
it does work, took about two years, but it does work.
Reply 32
yes.
he can suppress it.
if he doesn't think of you all the time and has his mind cast on something else then he will be 'suppressing' his love. don't ask me, but i compiled this reply from the dictionary...
Reply 33
It's 'conceal', not 'suppress'. You may conceal love, by suppressing any and all expression thereof. Love, as an abstract concept, cannot be suppressed.
Reply 34
You can pretend it isn't there and live trying to forget about it. Then it tends to come around and come back at the most inappropriate times.
Reply 35
Luize
You can pretend it isn't there and live trying to forget about it. Then it tends to come around and come back at the most inappropriate times.

The ideal recourse, for me, would have to be a cathartic one:

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/article.php?c=17

That particular collection chronicles my progression throughout various points along the emotional spectrum, with respect to one girl. Enough said.
Reply 36
Profesh
It's 'conceal', not 'suppress'. You may conceal love, by suppressing any and all expression thereof. Love, as an abstract concept, cannot be suppressed.

yes you can, love is not just an abstract boun, it also refers to feelings and thoughts, which is is perfectly possible to supress within oneself
Reply 37
emily87
yes you can, love is not just an abstract boun, it also refers to feelings and thoughts, which is is perfectly possible to supress within oneself

'Love' as a collection or amalgamation of various thoughts and emotions; still abstract. I fear that this whole discussion will devolve into a semantic argument, but emotions have both internal and external facets. 'Love' is, to me, a state of mind, of which many subordinate emotions are symptomatic. One might only venture to suppress the visible manifestation of any such symptoms, but self-actualisation extends only so far. Certainly, under the given pretext, this lad probably means to internalise his apparitions until such a time as when his feelings for her fade in accordance with her memory, and expression along these lines is no longer so imperative; that is, so long as he can withhold from placing her upon a mental pedestal. I may confess to having done that once, and much to my cost; whether he is able to refrain from doing likewise, remains to be seen.
I tried I failed and When he got a girlfriend it broke my heart despite us having a row a month previous and not speaking to each month.
You can, but it eats you up inside.

Latest

Trending

Trending