The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

UCLan Westlakes Campus, September 2022

Is anyone here doing Medicine with foundation or the Medical Sciences foundation entry course at Westlakes September 2022? Pls reply

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Nioo
Is anyone here doing Medicine with foundation or the Medical Sciences foundation entry course at Westlakes September 2022? Pls reply

Hey!
I'm going to be studying medicine with a foundation year at Westlakes in September!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by zahra04
Hey!
I'm going to be studying medicine with a foundation year at Westlakes in September!

Check ur messages ^^
Reply 3
Original post by Nioo
Check ur messages ^^

I cant send private messages yet since im new to student room sorry!
But my ig acc is ox.zahra.xo
Reply 4
Hey, I did my foundation for medicine at the westlakes campus. I’m a 3rd year medical student and my placements are going to be there this year . If you have any questions regarding the course and the school you can message me and I’ll try to answer them.
(edited 1 year ago)
Me too! have you guys gotten ur CAS yet?
Original post by Nioo

Hey! If you are looking to connect with more people studying Medicine at UCLan than be sure to join our Facebook group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3332983953649705

You can post in the group to find out who else is studying at the Westlakes campus!

Best of luck.

Hollie :smile:
Hey, I was wondering if you know a MCQ question bank to help with studying for the exam.
Hi there!

Just wondering what you meant by "MCQ"? I'm guessing you mean multiple choice questions, but I've just been asked to clarify regardless because we haven't come across any questions like that.

All the best,
Josh :smile:

Original post by atikaImtiaz
Hey, I was wondering if you know a MCQ question bank to help with studying for the exam.
Reply 9
Original post by omermem
Hey, I did my foundation for medicine at the westlakes campus. I’m a 3rd year medical student and my placements are going to be there this year . If you have any questions regarding the course and the school you can message me and I’ll try to answer them.

Hi :smile: i’m from india and i got accepted for the foundation year for medicine starting september 2023, and i was hoping if we could have a talk just to have some things clear for me if you don’t mind! thank you!!
Original post by tina__355
Hi :smile: i’m from india and i got accepted for the foundation year for medicine starting september 2023, and i was hoping if we could have a talk just to have some things clear for me if you don’t mind! thank you!!

Hi there, :smile:

It's great to hear that you have been accepted to study Foundation Medicine! We hope to welcome you in September :smile:

If you have any questions about your course or about Westlakes campus I will be more than happy to answer these for you.

Best wishes
Sarah

Hi Tina! I'm one of the current MBBS students at UCLan. Congratulations on your offer! If you have any questions about the MBBS degree, I'd be more than happy to answer them for you!

Rebecca - 3rd Year MBBS
Reply 12
Hi, I am also from India and was a bit confused with the 6-year medicine UCLan program. If you have any piece of information please do share it.

Reply 13
It’s basically just the same as any MBBS program but youll be having an additional 1 year being the foundation year.. the foundation year would be located at the Westlakes campus which is effectuated at moor row, cumbria and you would then be shifted at preston from the first year .. UCLan is a pretty contending university for medicine so if you’re an offer holder- you should consummately consider it!
Reply 14
Thanks for the information, My main concern was related to the subjects taught in the foundation year (0 year) because I didn't had maths instead I had physics.
Reply 15
Original post by zahra04
Hey!

Hey, I got an offer from UCLan for the foundation program but am confused about whether to go for it or not. It would be very helpful for me if you could share your experience. I am a new user so I can’t message anyone personally.
Thanks in advance

Original post by zahra04
I cant send private messages yet since im new to student room sorry!
But my ig acc is ox.zahra.xo
Original post by Te_al1
Hey, I got an offer from UCLan for the foundation program but am confused about whether to go for it or not. It would be very helpful for me if you could share your experience. I am a new user so I can’t message anyone personally.
Thanks in advance

Hi there @Te_al1, :smile:

Congratulations on your offer! Please let me know if you have any questions about our MBBS Medicine & Surgery (Foundation Entry) course, I will be more than happy to help. :smile:

Best wishes,
Sarah
Original post by Te_al1
Thanks in advance

Hi there! I'm one of the current MBBS students at UCLan. I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the MBBS degree!

Rebecca - 3rd Year UCLan student
Reply 18
hi there , is there a possibility that you can share how the year 0 works ( Its content, time table , how the teaching is ?) please
Original post by Muriellara
hi there , is there a possibility that you can share how the year 0 works ( Its content, time table , how the teaching is ?) please

Hi there @Muriellara, :smile:

Students will receive their timetable closer to their start date.

Year 0 consists of the following:
Compulsory modules
- Biological and Chemical Systems
- Body Systems
- Investigative Skills using Mathematics

Optional modules
- Scientific Communication
- Case study approach to scientific problem solving
- English for Academic and Processional Development 1
- English for Academic and Processional Development 2
-English for Medical Sciences

In terms of teaching it’s all campus based in Y0 with a mixture of large and smaller group sessions with the smaller sessions being more interactive and practically focussed. Every student will have a slightly different timetable but essentially they’ll have timetabled teaching every day with Wednesday afternoon free for sports etc.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions I am happy to help answer them! :smile:
Best wishes,
Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending