The Student Room Group

UCLAN Dentistry 2023 Entry

Welcome to the UCLAN (University of Central Lancashire) Dentistry 2023 Entry discussion thread.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2023 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2023 Entry Applicants’ Thread - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

Dentistry Graduate Entry Requirements: Graduate entry requirements for dentistry | The Student Room

Pre-dentistry/ Gateway Entry Requirements: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...dental-courses

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what the deadline is for submitting the verification of learning document?
Original post by Kayyy30
Does anyone know what the deadline is for submitting the verification of learning document?

You have to submit it before October 15th ideally. But the admissions team are very helpful and they do send you a reminder if you have not done it even after October 15th.
the one on the website says it’s for 2022 entry?
Original post by Stuggles_Of_Life
You have to submit it before October 15th ideally. But the admissions team are very helpful and they do send you a reminder if you have not done it even after October 15th.

the one in the website says it’s for sale 2022 entry?

Thank you!!
I’m just a bit confused about what to include in it... I saw all the questions and started writing actual answers to them (e.g what is the difference between mitosis and meiosis) but then I read on the document it said to only include the module title relevant to the question...
Does this mean I don’t have to actually answer the questions? I just put in my degree and modules?? Sorry! Just a bit confused
Guys the verification document says it’s for 2022 entry?? Does that mean we don’t need to submit one for 2023 entry?? Or do we just fill in the same form?
It's the same form each year
Hi, does anyone know when the UCLAN entry exam is this year? have you guys heard anything from them at all? thanks
i don’t believe there is an exam…check the website
Yh, I think they have changed it this year. On the website, it doesn't even mention the Entrance Exam at all.
Did anyone hear anything from UCLAN because last year they heard something around this time for the exam, but now I don’t think there is an exam so I am not sure what is happening 🙃🤨
I think we may only hear back by the end of November because the interviews are held in mid-December.
Yh, I think they have changed it this year. On the website, it doesn't even mention the Entrance Exam at all.

That's weird because they sent an email to me to fill out the prior learning form which I assumed was so they know if I'm suitable to sit the entrance exam
Original post by anion1234
That's weird because they sent an email to me to fill out the prior learning form which I assumed was so they know if I'm suitable to sit the entrance exam

Yh, that's how the application process was for last year. I applied last year, and I sat the entrance test. They sent details regarding the test around this time last year.
I think we may only hear back by the end of November because the interviews are held in mid-December.

Hey,

Here is the information for Dentistry applicants this year:

There isn't an entrance exam this year. The selection process is as follows:

Applicant meets all academic entry criteria and this is evidenced by the completion of the Verification of Prior Learning document (this just shows their previous degree covered all the relevant areas).

Once academic requirements have been checked, applications are assessed on the following aspects and given a score:
Practical experience and knowledge of career implications
Knowledge of core qualities required of a dentist and candidates’ personal qualities relating to this including teamwork
Practical skills
The highest-scoring applicants will be invited to attend an interview. the interviews will be held between 19 to 21st December 2022 (no other interview dates will be available).

The interview format uses a series of Multi Mini Interviews and will include topics such as communication skills, knowledge of dentistry, ethics, professionalism and team working. We will confirm at a later date whether the interviews will be held online or at the Preston Campus.

Admissions will be in contact with all applicants regarding the progress of their application via email.

Hope this was helpful and good luck!

^Hollie :smile:

Yh, that's how the application process was for last year. I applied last year, and I sat the entrance test. They sent details regarding the test around this time last year.
Reply 16
Original post by UCLan Student
Hey,

Here is the information for Dentistry applicants this year:

There isn't an entrance exam this year. The selection process is as follows:

Applicant meets all academic entry criteria and this is evidenced by the completion of the Verification of Prior Learning document (this just shows their previous degree covered all the relevant areas).

Once academic requirements have been checked, applications are assessed on the following aspects and given a score:
Practical experience and knowledge of career implications
Knowledge of core qualities required of a dentist and candidates’ personal qualities relating to this including teamwork
Practical skills
The highest-scoring applicants will be invited to attend an interview. the interviews will be held between 19 to 21st December 2022 (no other interview dates will be available).

The interview format uses a series of Multi Mini Interviews and will include topics such as communication skills, knowledge of dentistry, ethics, professionalism and team working. We will confirm at a later date whether the interviews will be held online or at the Preston Campus.

Admissions will be in contact with all applicants regarding the progress of their application via email.

Hope this was helpful and good luck!

^Hollie :smile:

What does it mean by practical skills?
has anyone been invited for an interview yet?
Original post by cakePOP1122
has anyone been invited for an interview yet?

no, have you?
Original post by Dshanati
no, have you?

nope, where else have you applied?

Quick Reply

Latest