The Student Room Group

is it bad i used chatgpt to write so many fanfics for my own enjoyment?

like i knoooww it's REALLY weird, but it's kinda cool how well it can write when you give a detailed prompt. i hope i'm not ruining the language model by teaching it how to write fanfics tho.
Did you publish these? I can’t really see anything wrong :smile:
Original post by iL1L
Did you publish these? I can’t really see anything wrong :smile:

no i haven't published any
i'm just embarrassed my university will somehow find them cos i'm using university wifi
It sounds really entertaining actually:smile:
Original post by iL1L
It sounds really entertaining actually:smile:

it is endlessly fascinating tbh
it's an incredible thing and i use it for so much different stuff
I had a go with chatgpt for fun but there seem to be so many different ones and a few want you to pay after a few goes :frown:
Nothing bad about it. :smile:
Enjoy creating the fanfics and having fun.
Original post by iL1L
I had a go with chatgpt for fun but there seem to be so many different ones and a few want you to pay after a few goes :frown:

that's weird are you using the openai free version? you should be able to use it pretty much as much as you want (it sometimes limits how many qs you can ask per hour) if you sign up. you do have to give a name and phone number tho...
Original post by Anonymous
that's weird are you using the openai free version? you should be able to use it pretty much as much as you want (it sometimes limits how many qs you can ask per hour) if you sign up. you do have to give a name and phone number tho...

sorry i mean email and phone number
I do this too! Yes when I was younger they were a bit obsessive and fangirly, and mainly about Disney channel’s hottest guys. My wattpad stuff from years ago has gotten like 13k+ reads and so I won’t delete it because I log in regularly to see how many people have favourited it. However, I still write now, don’t publish any they just go in my notes app on my phone, I always have my phone so they’re always there on my notes app, and nobody else needs to see them. It’s comforting and I think there’s no shame in it, writing is a passion. No matter what it’s about it should be encouraged.
Original post by Anonymous
like i knoooww it's REALLY weird, but it's kinda cool how well it can write when you give a detailed prompt. i hope i'm not ruining the language model by teaching it how to write fanfics tho.

Hi. Your thread was posted in the Advice on Everyday Issues section, so I've moved your thread to a more appropriate place in the forums.

Also, as long as you're doing it for your own entertainment and aren't passing it off as your own work and/or profiting from it, then there's no harm in doing this. Many people use ChatGPT for their own entertainment.
It is up to you to use Chatgtp, I would not blame you, if you do. Maybe I at least try it for my ideas I have just to see what Chatgtp can make out of them.
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending