The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

ARU Admission Interview

Any ARU undergraduate business course that don't require an interview?
Original post by adnandes
Any ARU undergraduate business course that don't require an interview?

All of them.

(No undergraduate business courses at Anglia Ruskin require an interview.)
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Reply 2
I applied for BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management however my offer is conditional to pass an interview with an academic who will assess whether you are suitable for the degree.
I applied for BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management however my offer is conditional to pass an interview with an academic who will assess whether you are suitable for the degree.

Interesting. As you can see from this page, the only courses for which ARU routinely interview are:

Midwifery
Nursing
Operating Department Practice
Paramedic Science
Physician Associate
Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy interviews
Social Work

You will also note that the web page for BSc (Hons) Business and Healthcare Management, here, makes no mention of an interview being part of the selection process.

Is you application non-standard in some way? Perhaps your qualifications are not what ARU are used to seeing, hence the need to "assess whether you are suitable for the degree" via an interview?

For example, they say here that, "We will also consider applications to level 4 entry from those who are not able to meet our normal course entry requirements but can demonstrate that they have achieved the required level of knowledge and skills and have the potential to benefit from the course, for example: through relevant work experience and professional development. In such cases, applicants are required to provide documentary evidence, a piece of written work of the required standard or to attend a personal interview."

Does that sound like it might apply to you?
Reply 4
I have a level 3 certificate used for the application, see attached

Submit reply
I have a level 3 certificate used for the application, see attached

Understood. I think it may be the fact that your entry qualifications are ABE Level 3 Certificates which is triggering the interview process then. If you look at ARU's Undergraduate entry qualifications page you will find no mention of this qualification. If you look at their Business and Healthcare Management page you will find no mention of this qualification. As you're applying with non-standard qualifications (as far as ARU are concerned) they've added an interview to the admissions process.

I'd therefore like to correct my earlier "All of them" response to "None of them". :smile:

(BTW, your attachment lists "Introduction to Quantitative Methods" twice, both being an ABE Level 3 Certificate in Business Management. Given that one is grade C and the other is grade B, it looks like you may have retaken this qualification. That being the case, you can't count the UCAS points twice - once for each attempt. You total UCAS points are therefore 128, not 160. This is still way above the 96 UCAS points they request, but I just thought I'd mention it.)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending