The Student Room Group

Should I retake year 13 to resit A-level exam or revise by myself?

I want to resit A-level exam next year, but I’m not sure whether I should retake year 13 or prepare for the A-level exam by myself. Actually, I don’t want to go back to school, however, people around me keep telling me to retake year 13. I got ABB this year, and I’m planning to resit all of my A-level subjects.
Original post by Kh177
I want to resit A-level exam next year, but I’m not sure whether I should retake year 13 or prepare for the A-level exam by myself. Actually, I don’t want to go back to school, however, people around me keep telling me to retake year 13. I got ABB this year, and I’m planning to resit all of my A-level subjects.

What subjects did you take and can I ask why you feel the need to retake? ABB is a good set of results! Does it affect your future plans?
Reply 2
Original post by brainzistheword
What subjects did you take and can I ask why you feel the need to retake? ABB is a good set of results! Does it affect your future plans?

I did biology, chemistry, and psychology. It's because I want to get into universities like King's or UCL, and with these grades, I cannot be accepted by those unis
Original post by Kh177
I did biology, chemistry, and psychology. It's because I want to get into universities like King's or UCL, and with these grades, I cannot be accepted by those unis

I see. Do you know if those unis have any requirements on resits for the course you’d like to study? Have you looked into Access Courses as an alternative, if you don’t want to resit year 13? I appreciate they are sometimes considered differently to A-levels.

Quick Reply

Latest