The Student Room Group

Student finance showed 'processing application' after being approved

Hiya,

Recenetly I have had a problem with my student finance, when I originally applied for student finance and it got back it was a reduced rate maintenance loan as am going to be doing a nursing course in Wales and am from the UK. As this was not enough for me to live of, i then contacted student finance and they said I had to opt out of a bursary, so I opted into one then opted out and emailed them the unique opt out code, I then got told it should take up to 6 weeks, I then waited 6 weeks and my application was still saying 'confirming all details' with the low amount of money, I then phoned up student finance which i got told that it should have only tooken up to 5 days for them to get back to me about reassessing my application and the lady on the phone said that she made a referral. Then after this phone call I got an email about how the email I sent with the unique opt out code wasn't showing in the email. Which was weird because the code I sent on the email was the code i was given from the bursary people to say I opted out of the bursary. But even after this I then emailed again but this time added in the email that was sent to me from the bursary people as it may just have been missing this as I didn't do that in my last email. I then waited 5 days which the lady from student finance said it should take but my application stayed the same, I then phoned up again and this time the lady on the phone said that the application should take up to 17 days to be reassed, but could not tell me if my unique opt out code was right. Then later on this day which was on the 23rd of June my application then changed to 'processing application' but then yesterday changed back to 'confirming all details with the same amount as before displayed.
I leave for university at the end of august and this is still an issue for me!.

I'm really not sure on what to do as I have called up student finance multiple times about this and have really not gotten anyway. So I was just wondering if anyone is having the same issue and what to do?.
Reply 1
Yes I am having exactly the same issue, sent the code from NHS wales several times to SFE England and my award isn’t changing either. Very frustrating and worrying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending