The Student Room Group

How often do professors check their emails on annual leave?

My supervisor is on annual leave right now. They said they'll take some time out to review my dissertation draft between the 15th and the 17th, they finished the review, but they attached the wrong file to the reply email so I don't know what changes to make. I sent a follow up email, but I don't know if they'll check their email while on leave and I wanted to know how often to professors check emails typically on leave. If they do not check their emails at all, I have also got my supervisor's phone number to use in case of emergencies, if this situation qualifies as one(they do not return to the university till after the dissertation submission date). Any help figuring out he right path to take in this situation would be grand. Thanks
Original post by asfaasfgs12
My supervisor is on annual leave right now. They said they'll take some time out to review my dissertation draft between the 15th and the 17th, they finished the review, but they attached the wrong file to the reply email so I don't know what changes to make. I sent a follow up email, but I don't know if they'll check their email while on leave and I wanted to know how often to professors check emails typically on leave. If they do not check their emails at all, I have also got my supervisor's phone number to use in case of emergencies, if this situation qualifies as one(they do not return to the university till after the dissertation submission date). Any help figuring out he right path to take in this situation would be grand. Thanks

Most academics check their email multiple times a day even when on leave, unless they are somewhere signal free. That said, some might decide to completely disconnect for some proper downtime.
Some will, some won't, it's not a really a Q we can answer for them here.
Reply 3
Send them a text telling them they sent the wrong file.

I used to turn my email off for the entire time I was away, but these days I can't really get away with that. I still know others that do this as routine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending