The Student Room Group

Advise for making friends at university?

I recently got my offer and I was wondering if there is any advice on what to do. I've heard joining societies is good
Original post by Sallysmol
I recently got my offer and I was wondering if there is any advice on what to do. I've heard joining societies is good

I wanna know about this too. How do people meet others on their courses before the start date? Esp for the more niche ones
Idk:frown: maybe snap groups? But how do I find them

That's what has me confused too, I've tried finding older threads for offer holders but noone seems to have updated if they actually have an offer or not, guess we gotta wait a few days D:
Maybe we can start one? You can DM me Ur name

I'm new to tsd and didn't notice this was a specific thread I just checked 😭I saw it in my feed, we don't do the same course but can still make one if that's what you meant? If not dw it can get confusing with lots of diff courses
Hi @Sallysmol

Congratulations on getting your offer! :smile:

I am about to go into my third year of law at the University of Kent, hope some of my experiences can help you. :smile:

Most Universities will have a welcome week or freshers' fair which is one of the best times to meet new people. Everyone will be new to the University and campus, and I'm certain you'll meet someone with the same interests with you.

I definitely recommend joining socieites. I joined quite a few and picked up some new hobbies, so it is defintely worth trying them out. (The first few sessions are normally free:biggrin:).

I recommend looking at your University's facebook page prehaps? There are often official fresher's group where you can find people in the same course, same accommodation, etc. It may be nice to know some people before actually moving to University.

Good luck and all the best with Univeresity!
Let me know if you have anymore questions :smile: happy to help!

Chloe :smile:
- University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending