The Student Room Group

Changing maintenance loan

I am about to start Uni in septermber and in may i applied for student finance i put down the basic/ minimum maintenance loan amout as i am living at home and did not think ill need much.However now i feel like that was a mistake as the bus money needed to to go to uni from my parents house to uni will be alot aswell as aother things that i may need for uni.So i wanted to ask is it possible to change my maintaince loan amout to the maximum amount i can get now before starting my uni course in september.
Reply 1
Heyyy just call the student finance help line, they can look over your case for you and lyk if what you're getting is the maximum you are entitled to
Reply 2
Original post by zahra2400
Heyyy just call the student finance help line, they can look over your case for you and lyk if what you're getting is the maximum you are entitled to

yea u know i can get much more i just wanted to know if you can change your maintenance loan even after me sumbitting my orginal student finance back in september or do i have to wait till next year when i reapply for my next year
Original post by Mahfuj7
yea u know i can get much more i just wanted to know if you can change your maintenance loan even after me sumbitting my orginal student finance back in september or do i have to wait till next year when i reapply for my next year

You can make changes now for this year. You will have to submit household income details and it will take a while to process. If you are unsure how to do this when you are logged into your account, use the live chat function to talk to an advisor (available in office hours).
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
You can make changes now for this year. You will have to submit household income details and it will take a while to process. If you are unsure how to do this when you are logged into your account, use the live chat function to talk to an advisor (available in office hours).

i have spoke to an advisor and she showed my how and told me that i would have to fill out theses three different form but the on the form it says you have to post it but on the form it says you have to post it. So what do i do
Original post by Mahfuj7
i have spoke to an advisor and she showed my how and told me that i would have to fill out theses three different form but the on the form it says you have to post it but on the form it says you have to post it. So what do i do

Did the advisor say you could upload the completed form to your account? If not, fill it out and post it.
Reply 6
Original post by normaw
Did the advisor say you could upload the completed form to your account? If not, fill it out and post it.

yea she said that i can upload them
Reply 7
Original post by Mahfuj7
yea she said that i can upload them , aswell as alot of the information in two of the forms is information they already have like all my details do i have to upload them again

yea she said that i can upload them , aswell as alot of the information in two of the forms is information they already have like all my details do i have to upload them again
Original post by Mahfuj7

I would do just to make sure.
Reply 9
Original post by normaw
I would do just to make sure.

im just really confused as she said i can just upload them i even i asked if i would have to post them and she said that you do not have to post them,but on the screen and the form it says to post it, so what do i do, should i just ring them again tommorrow for advice
Original post by Mahfuj7
im just really confused as she said i can just upload them i even i asked if i would have to post them and she said that you do not have to post them,but on the screen and the form it says to post it, so what do i do, should i just ring them again tomorrow for advice

The office won't be open now so you can't contact SFE until Monday. Can I suggest you use the live chat option on your account rather than phoning - I think you get to chat to more experienced staff that way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending