The Student Room Group

Aqa Alevel Economics Remark 2023

For the last two years I've consistently been on track for an A* in Alevel Economics which is why I thought I would get an A* in the actual thing but I ended up getting an A. I know an A is still very good but I was confident in that A* of mine. I am 7 marks off the A* and when I looked at my script I honestly felt as though my examiner was way too harsh. Some people in my class who I've consistently outscored ( no offence to them ) ended up getting an A*. Would a remark be worth it ?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
7 marks is not childsplay and whatever you may feel about the examiner you need specific areas where you were undermarked and solid reasons why if you are going to get upmarked

even if that is the case, you are quite unlikely to get the full 7 marks worth and if you don't gain any marks its money for nothing - especially if you got into your firm choice (or a university you're happy with)?

you may just have done slightly below your expected when it came to this one time

speak to your teacher aka get a professional opinion
Reply 2
Economics can be quite subjective. Ask your teacher for their opinion on the marking. And if they're in favour then go for a remark.

Quick Reply

Latest