The Student Room Group

Alevel Remark Results 2023

still waiting for mine (from cambridge) to come back and low-key terrified, preparing for a retake just in case but i heard yesterday that someone got their remark results back for biology and went up a grade so fingers crossed.

my questions are: for those of you who were priority remarks and got their results back, did you go up? and by how much if you did? and if you are non priority, when did you get yours? also do you guys gave any success stories cause i'm scare sh*tless
the only success story is one from last year where a guy remarked (biology) and went from an A to an A star, don't know how many grades he went up with tho
Original post by unhinged_terror
the only success story is one from last year where a guy remarked (biology) and went from an A to an A star, don't know how many grades he went up with tho

fingers crossed, but i wish i knew by how much
Original post by depresso_express
still waiting for mine (from cambridge) to come back and low-key terrified, preparing for a retake just in case but i heard yesterday that someone got their remark results back for biology and went up a grade so fingers crossed.

my questions are: for those of you who were priority remarks and got their results back, did you go up? and by how much if you did? and if you are non priority, when did you get yours? also do you guys gave any success stories cause i'm scare sh*tless

i only know a story from an Olevel student in business from back in 2022 who remarked and went up like 20 marks (pretty crazy ik) but idk for Alevels tbh hopefully yours goes fine
Original post by screwed_ded
i only know a story from an Olevel student in business from back in 2022 who remarked and went up like 20 marks (pretty crazy ik) but idk for Alevels tbh hopefully yours goes fine

that definitely is a lot hopefully something like that happensin the Alevel
Reply 5
Do you know if remark can be done twice on the same paper? My teacher said 3 marks could be possible but got only 1 mark.
Reply 6
Do you know someone who loses marks due to bad handwriting (hardly being read) then gets them back after a remark in A level
I did non-priority remark for OCR english , got it after 5 days while gaining 11 marks and went up a grade.

Original post by loserclubs
I did non-priority remark for OCR english , got it after 5 days while gaining 11 marks and went up a grade.

Goddamn that's great, mine is supposed ro come out in 4 days supposedly since I applied for a remark August 15
Original post by Miki M
Do you know if remark can be done twice on the same paper? My teacher said 3 marks could be possible but got only 1 mark.

Idk if you can do that so ask your teacher about it but maybe you can remake the other papers instead
Original post by Nesrine1983
Do you know someone who loses marks due to bad handwriting (hardly being read) then gets them back after a remark in A level

I only know of people who lost marks due to bad handwriting but not if if they get then back, however I think it depends on the examiner checking your paper in the remark so hopefully they're lenient and willing to try and read what's written
I only know of people who lost marks due to bad handwriting but not if if they get then back, however I think it depends on the examiner checking your paper in the remark so hopefully they're lenient and willing to try and read what's written

I hope so too ... It is really too much time waiting for remark results
Reply 12
Im still waiting for my remark, I heard it was supposed to take up to 2 weeks (I submitted it on results day) and my uni offer depends on the outcome of the remarking. Does anyone know when I will actually receive it?
Reply 13
When did you submit yours?
Reply 14

mine was sent non-priortiy august 24, on the sheet it says it was completed aug 28 and i got it back sept 4 (ocr bio)& my friend who did priority sent hers on the same date and got it back sept 4 too. hers went up by 6 marks!
Original post by Dedfefc
When did you submit yours?

August 15 wbu?
Original post by rizzy0la
mine was sent non-priortiy august 24, on the sheet it says it was completed aug 28 and i got it back sept 4 (ocr bio)& my friend who did priority sent hers on the same date and got it back sept 4 too. hers went up by 6 marks!

That's oxford tho right? Also congrats to your friend, how did the bio go for you?
Original post by Dedfefc
Im still waiting for my remark, I heard it was supposed to take up to 2 weeks (I submitted it on results day) and my uni offer depends on the outcome of the remarking. Does anyone know when I will actually receive it?

Depends on priority or nonpriority and you examination board, Cambridge takes 4 to 6 weeks for the non-priority for example

Quick Reply

Latest