The Student Room Group

Alevels remark 2023

got a D in my a level and i know for sure thats not correct same as my teacher so we r getting the script back and maybe a remark.. has this happened to anyone else?? im panicking so hard ive got rejected from my firm
Surely you did 3 A Levels - not one! What were the other grades?
I had a D (a long time ago) in my A Level German but two other grades. I went to a polytechnic and got a degree, but polytechnics have now all be changed to universities - a big mistake. Depending on your other grades, you must keep trying to get into university. Some which used to be teacher training colleges will accept lower grades, like St Mary's, Strawberry Hill in Twickenham. Depends which part of the country you are in and whether you are prepared to travel far.
Do try and have that paper reassessed, though.
Good luck,
Anthony
Reply 2
This has happened to me i got 2 D’s and I’m a private candidate and I’m so confused with my grades because i know I worked really hard so I’m requesting my script back and maybe a remark too.
Original post by Ayi1206
This has happened to me i got 2 D’s and I’m a private candidate and I’m so confused with my grades because i know I worked really hard so I’m requesting my script back and maybe a remark too.

Go through UCAS and apply to one of the newer universities - maybe one that used to be a Teacher Training College.
And, yes, ask for a re-mark.
Anthony
Original post by Ayi1206

Same I just requested it it looks so sus
Reply 5
Hello, I have recieved my scripts back for my literature papers however for my coursework which is the exam board AQA my total Mark's 36/50 have not been scaled by 1.5 to reach a mark from /75. As the total Mark's should be for English /375, sadly to appeal or get a remark for coursework costs a very heavy price and so I am feeling quite disheartened. Also, does anyone have any future guidance for me as I am quite stuck as to what to do next, my grade achieved for literature in the end is a C after working at grade A in my essays for the past two years.
Reply 6
Original post by BUNNYXO
Hello, I have recieved my scripts back for my literature papers however for my coursework which is the exam board AQA my total Mark's 36/50 have not been scaled by 1.5 to reach a mark from /75. As the total Mark's should be for English /375, sadly to appeal or get a remark for coursework costs a very heavy price and so I am feeling quite disheartened. Also, does anyone have any future guidance for me as I am quite stuck as to what to do next, my grade achieved for literature in the end is a C after working at grade A in my essays for the past two years.

did u get into uni? my working at grade was an A and i got a D but if i get a C im just gnna go uni
Reply 7
Hey there, yes thankfully I have been accepted however I am still hoping that the Mark's via clerical checks do get checked correctly and are made accurate.
Reply 8
English lit AQA board got all 3 re-marked went 19 points up- went from D to C! If u feel u did well then its worth the investment.
Reply 9
Aww that's amazing congratulations, I too am hoping for a grade change currently I have gotten them clerical re checked and then the aftermath if not changed would be to consider the remarks.
Great news x.
Original post by BUNNYXO
Aww that's amazing congratulations, I too am hoping for a grade change currently I have gotten them clerical re checked and then the aftermath if not changed would be to consider the remarks.
Great news x.

How long did it take for the rechecking results to arrive?
I have given up on mine.
I am a private candidate who after coming out of retirement studied Ancient History for A level.
After 16 months self study i put myself in for the exam and in 2022 received a grade A.
I was delighted and had a real affinity for what i had learned.
So i decided to do the same A level for 2023 with 2 different modules (repeating 2 other obligatory modules).
I worked harder than before and did everything in the same way, revision,exam,essay style ectera.
Thought i had improved by 7/8 marks and in general returned a more polished tighter script.
Lost 52 marks from 2022 and received a grade D, completely non plussed.
Have looked at the scripts and just cannot understand why i was marked so low this year and so high last year.
However i decided not to proceed, without a school or history teacher behind me its too difficult.
The school would facilitate the appeal but its not even a subject they offer, just used them as an exam centre.
I am not on the poverty line but what is to stop the exam board taking the money and coming back 2 weeks later to say `nothing to see here`?
Decided to put it down to experience, and of course if i need to do so i am perfectly entitled to use my A from 2022.
Have put it out of my mind and will do Classical Civilisation at AS next summer, onwards and upwards.

Quick Reply

Latest