The Student Room Group

Things that a soon-to-be first-year Law student might need?

Heading to KCL for Law, wondering what things I should need. Any tips or advice for things I should do in my remaining month of holiday?
Pen, notepad. That's probably all you'll need, at least initially, for the academic side of things.

For the rest of the time between now and the start of the academic year I'd recommend just relaxing and enjoying yourself if you've got all your accommodation, banking etc sorted!
Hi there @cheinsow

Congratulations on receiving your University offer! :biggrin: How are you feeling about everything?

I remember being very excited to go to the University of Kent to study law. Hope I can answer your question on preparing for University.

One thing that will help you out is getting used to the website of your University: where you can find your timetable, where you can view the course materials (if this has been released). By knowing where the seminar preparation is, you can complete these in time.

The advice that my academic advisor gave me for what to do during summer breaks was just to enjoy your holiday really (for second year and third year, perhaps applying for work experience will be a good idea). Though as a first year law student, I think you can relax and be excited to start University. :smile:

P.S. If your law school provided a list of textbooks to purchase, it may be worth getting your hands on these. (Many previous law students sell cheaper second hand textbooks online, which you can be on a look out for).

All the best with University in September! :smile:

Chloe
- University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending