The Student Room Group

How late did you leave the personal statement? Oxbridge

I’m applying for Oxbridge this autumn and I’ve still not written my personal statement. for people who applied to Oxbridge, when did you have your personal statement done for?
I did my PS very late; I only finished it about a week before the deadline (mainly due to procrastination lol; my teacher was not happy I left it this late). However, I had ~80% done about 3 weeks before hand, and I had a first draft done somewhere in September. I should note I also applied for STEM, so I was more focused on admissions tests than my personal statement.
Have you started it at all? Tbh it really depends on how good a writer you are: personal statements don't necessarily need to be worked at for 2 months! I think I only did two full drafts of mine back in 2006. It was so long ago, I can't remember when I started drafting it, but I definitely did only 2-3 drafts maximum.

So fear not! :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Have you started it at all? Tbh it really depends on how good a writer you are: personal statements don't necessarily need to be worked at for 2 months! I think I only did two full drafts of mine back in 2006. It was so long ago, I can't remember when I started drafting it, but I definitely did only 2-3 drafts maximum.

So fear not! :biggrin:

Yes I have started it at least haha. It’s just organising it and deciding what to include vs what not to include that’s stressing me out. I really want to get it done before September tho!
Reply 4
I finished my first draft a little before the start of the summer holidays and I finished my final draft a week or so before I sent off my application
Original post by Anonymous
I’m applying for Oxbridge this autumn and I’ve still not written my personal statement. for people who applied to Oxbridge, when did you have your personal statement done for?

I started 1 month before the deadline, same time as I decided I wanted to apply to Oxbridge

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending