The Student Room Group

GCSE revision

Hey guys..
I am currently in the summer break before year 11..If you did your GCSE's and got or predicting high grades, can yall please tell me when you started to do revision immensely? Also what books did u use for specific subjects?
I am doing pretty good for now but I need to target for all 9s
Thankxx
Reply 1
hiya!

I'm predicted all A's so here are some tips of mine :smile:

I don't do much revision - study smart not harder 😉
really does depend on a person so try it out!

I actually started revising in the start of yr10 was when i did more (although i didn't do much it helped tho) as in i did it daily but in sizable chunks.
treat end of topic tests - like a proper test so you know what revision works for you and what don't b4 the real deal and mocks!

i personally use a lot resources online but the the books I do have are mainly the cgp books and some pearson as in my opinion they are both good! i also took some second hand workbooks from diff exam boards to get a range of questions to answer to up my knowledge! But also to see my strengths weaknesses etc..

hope it helps xx
Original post by Supipi Rajapakse
Hey guys..
I am currently in the summer break before year 11..If you did your GCSE's and got or predicting high grades, can yall please tell me when you started to do revision immensely? Also what books did u use for specific subjects?
Thankxx

I wouldn't start doing intense revision until probably about a month before mocks, currently I would focus on making sure you have good revision resources for your mock exams. For sciences I used the CGP revision guides as I found their explanations handy, and we often used them as textbooks in lessons. For English I mainly used Seneca to help me remember quotes, if there are any other specific subjects you want to ask for, please feel free.
Reply 3
Hey guys..
Thankxx

As someone whose lowest grade was a 7, past papers are your best friend. Do them under exam conditions and self asses afterwards for all subjects, except essay based ones, still practice these but ask subject teachers to mark them when they have time (most the time or at least my teachers were happy to do so), this will highlight the gaps in your knowledge that you need to improve on and need a bit more time and attention. I would also recommend things like reading examiners reports.

As for revision I did it little and often from the start of year 11 then allowed it to get more intense at about the Easter holidays but I would still have half a day or a days rest and would allow myself to go out and still do stuff as to not burn myself out. I also found often I didnt really use my textbooks as my class notes were sufficient enough along with websites I used to revise.

If you need help, i'd be happy to provide it but good luck!
Original post by Maths_Duck
As someone whose lowest grade was a 7, past papers are your best friend. Do them under exam conditions and self asses afterwards for all subjects, except essay based ones, still practice these but ask subject teachers to mark them when they have time (most the time or at least my teachers were happy to do so), this will highlight the gaps in your knowledge that you need to improve on and need a bit more time and attention. I would also recommend things like reading examiners reports.

As for revision I did it little and often from the start of year 11 then allowed it to get more intense at about the Easter holidays but I would still have half a day or a days rest and would allow myself to go out and still do stuff as to not burn myself out. I also found often I didnt really use my textbooks as my class notes were sufficient enough along with websites I used to revise.

If you need help, i'd be happy to provide it but good luck!

Thank you so much for that advice....It really means a lot!:smile:)
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I wouldn't start doing intense revision until probably about a month before mocks, currently I would focus on making sure you have good revision resources for your mock exams. For sciences I used the CGP revision guides as I found their explanations handy, and we often used them as textbooks in lessons. For English I mainly used Seneca to help me remember quotes, if there are any other specific subjects you want to ask for, please feel free.

Thank you sooo mcuh!!!:smile:<3
Original post by Trickia
hiya!

I'm predicted all A's so here are some tips of mine :smile:

I don't do much revision - study smart not harder 😉
really does depend on a person so try it out!

I actually started revising in the start of yr10 was when i did more (although i didn't do much it helped tho) as in i did it daily but in sizable chunks.
treat end of topic tests - like a proper test so you know what revision works for you and what don't b4 the real deal and mocks!

i personally use a lot resources online but the the books I do have are mainly the cgp books and some pearson as in my opinion they are both good! i also took some second hand workbooks from diff exam boards to get a range of questions to answer to up my knowledge! But also to see my strengths weaknesses etc..

hope it helps xx

Thank you so much for the valuable advice!!!!<333
Reply 7
Thank you so much for the valuable advice!!!!<333

Nps! Xx

Quick Reply

Latest