The Student Room Group

Selwyn College Year12 Summer School

Has anyone received anything back from Selwyn College regarding applications to their Year 12 summer school programme? Many thanks.

Scroll to see replies

Not yet, their website says ‘from the 17th of May’ so I presume it’ll be any day now really.
Reply 2
not yet
Reply 3
Same here
Reply 4
Has anyone got anything yet?
Reply 5
Original post by ourfavv

nothing
Original post by ourfavv

No, not yet. It’s getting a bit ridiculous now, the medicine summer school is from 25-27th of June, considering that’s only a month away it’s not really a large period of time to organise travel etc; especially if you, like me, live rather far away from Cambridge. Hopefully it won’t be long now though.
Reply 7
Hopefully you guys get in :smile:
Reply 8
Nothing yet; I am remaining hopeful, but I don’t think I meet a huge number of the eligibility criteria, so I am a bit worried. I am crossing my fingers for all of us!
Original post by cgb2006
Nothing yet; I am remaining hopeful, but I don’t think I meet a huge number of the eligibility criteria, so I am a bit worried. I am crossing my fingers for all of us!

Yeah me too, my widening participation eligibility is a bit weak to be fair; I’ve missed out on quite a few such programmes, but I suppose you have to keep in mind that the selection criteria for Cambridge, along with other universities, is very different to that of these schemes. Best of luck to you all though!
Reply 10
im just going to email them
Reply 11
Original post by cnneke
im just going to email them

i think that's the best thing to do at this point
i still haven't heard a thing either
Original post by cgb2006
That is a good idea; let us know if they reply to the email!

Would be great, the lack of correspondence is just a bit annoying now.
last year they gave me the offer on 6th June. no point in emailing as they may get annoyed, it just takes time and they'll probably just say we're still considering applications
Reply 15
Original post by user8937264980
last year they gave me the offer on 6th June. no point in emailing as they may get annoyed, it just takes time and they'll probably just say we're still considering applications

too late
Original post by cnneke
too late

Exactly, gives me less than 3 weeks to sort everything out
Original post by Joshbull19
Exactly, gives me less than 3 weeks to sort everything out

i wouldn't stress so much, all you need to sort is travel and if you give them the receipts after the programme they will reimburse all travel costs for you.
Reply 18
I’m taking my annoyance out on Selwyn’s lack or response on the hurt/heal game.

Don’t expect to get a place but would like to know one way or other,
rejected lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending