The Student Room Group

How much funding do I have left?

Hi,

I've reached the end of the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree course at Birkbeck, but for various reasons am considering retaking the year.

Prior to applying for my current course I studied with the Open University part-time and completed 60 credits of study (no qualification was achieved as it was the first module of a degree course).

In light of the above, would I still be able to get student finance for the whole three years of my Birkbeck course if I decide to retake the first year?

Thanks.
Original post by SelenaJules
Hi,

I've reached the end of the first year of a full-time undergraduate degree course at Birkbeck, but for various reasons am considering retaking the year.

Prior to applying for my current course I studied with the Open University part-time and completed 60 credits of study (no qualification was achieved as it was the first module of a degree course).

In light of the above, would I still be able to get student finance for the whole three years of my Birkbeck course if I decide to retake the first year?

Thanks.

Hi Selena,

Yes, you will still be entitled to an additional year of support for a repeat year, however, you can still upload evidence of your Compelling Personal Reasons should you need to retake a year in future. We can accept a letter from a 3rd party professional that confirms what happened, when this happened and how this directly impacted your studies.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Hi Clare, that's great. Thanks for the reply.
Original post by SelenaJules
Hi Clare, that's great. Thanks for the reply.

You're welcome, have a lovely day! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending