The Student Room Group

sfe funding after leaving uni but going back

hi,

i have a question regarding the funding i can receive if i go back to uni. so i was on a four year course but had to leave earlier this year due to health issues + decided i didn't want to do my course anymore (but mainly health issues which can be backed by a doctor's note). i've decided that i may want to go back to uni to study medicine which is a longer course. so does anyone know how much funding i could receive if i ended up applying for a 5/6 year med degree? or if i decided to go for a three year course i.e. paramedical sciences (which also greatly interests me), how would the funding work?
How many years of your previous course did you study (or start to study)
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
How many years of your previous course did you study (or start to study)

two years. i did the whole of first year and then left at the beginning of term 2 in my second year
Original post by an13vr
two years. i did the whole of first year and then left at the beginning of term 2 in my second year

Hi there,

Just to confirm, was this a full-time course you were studying?

Thanks, Graeme
Reply 4
Original post by Graeme SFE
Hi there,

Just to confirm, was this a full-time course you were studying?

Thanks, Graeme

hi,

yes it was.
Original post by an13vr
hi,

yes it was.

Thanks, based on what you've said you'll be entitled to the Tuition Fee and Maintenance Loans for the duration of any new course, except in Year 1.

Due to your previous study you won't be entitled to the Tuition Fee Loan in Year 1, though you'll still get the Maintenance Loan.

However, if you have Compelling Personal Reasons for not completing your previous course we can award you an additional year of funding. Please see here for more details, and you can upload any evidence digitally on your account.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/going-back-to-uni-or-repeating-a-year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending