The Student Room Group

Is Biology, Chemistry and English Lit a good enough combination for Law at Oxford?

I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, English Literature A-level and entering my second year of college.

I intend on applying to Oxford university to study Law. I am predicted A*A*A.

Will I get rejected on the basis that my A-level subjects (Specifically Chemistry and Biology) are not relevant enough to Law?
There are no specifically "relevant subjects" for law. Any traditionally academic subject (which includes the sciences and maths) is suitable preparation for a law degree, and law courses routinely accept applicants doing all STEM subjects. The point is that your A-level studies develop relevant transferable skills, including analytical skills - which are abundantly developed in science subjects.

They're perfectly fine subjects to take for law.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
There are no specifically "relevant subjects" for law. Any traditionally academic subject (which includes the sciences and maths) is suitable preparation for a law degree, and law courses routinely accept applicants doing all STEM subjects. The point is that your A-level studies develop relevant transferable skills, including analytical skills - which are abundantly developed in science subjects.

They're perfectly fine subjects to take for law.

Thank you for clearing this up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending